anybody having issues at IB with pending orders disappearing?

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by R1234, Jun 15, 2018.

1. R1234

R1234

Typically I have MOO and MOC orders entered and it has worked no problem over the years.

However over the past few days some orders randomly drop off without my knowledge resulting in missed entries and exits.

I called them and they were not aware of any such issue.

Anybody else having this problem??

2. Were any of the orders short orders?

3. R1234

R1234

no. Long stock

4. tommcginnis

tommcginnis

No issues here, except for ES options expiring today, NOT being recognized as viable contracts (by strike, by native combos, etc, and not getting data).

Haven't seen this in the SPX, and it's entirely mop-up, but no having traded ES in a while, it raises an eyebrow.

SO, "I've got an eyebrow-raiser in the Globex aisle."

[edit] HA!!! I don't remember this!!! Jun15 ES FOPS stopped trading at 9:30am today. So, along with them being American and Physical Delivery, I [still] need to glue FIXED AT OPEN into my poor little brain. :wtf::rolleyes::D
    Heh! Been a while.....

Yeah: no help for your long stock.

Come to think of it, though: I have noticed a couple of times though, that in the past 2-ish months (maybe since 963.3o?? 1-month??), I have had to re-enter trades declared "invalid" for one reason or another, a couple of times to get them to 'take.' Not a discernible pattern to it, AND THUS FAR, it's not been problematic, AND it seems to only happen as I bring TWS up (I close down each night.)

FWIW, I'd try and see if you could get a clue as to whether it's an exchange thing, an IB thing, a TWS thing, or even something particular to that underlying. Might help down the road.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2018
  5. R1234

R1234

Just found out that some of the orders got cancelled due to a connectivity issue with Island ECN on their end. They said they will let me know about the other orders but I suspect it is all related to an exchange connectivity issue.

6. Thank you for sharing.

7. d08

d08

Might be a margin issue. They'd get rejected and removed from pending. I don't have any issues with disappearing orders without a valid reason.

I do have problems with orders with an expiry time going out much too early - IB's reply is just "very interesting, send us logs". They're not too bothered about serious bugs in the order system.

Also, set the time to remove invalid orders very high so you will see why they were rejected.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2018
  8. Millionaire

Millionaire

I had a similar issue about 10 years ago. But it was related to a market order which had a good after time.
    The order activated immediately and not at the time i had entered which was 6 hours in the future.
    Turned out this was a bug in previous day server software update at IB's end.
    They rolled back the code pretty quick.
    They also suggested i raise a compensation request, which i did bother doing as it hadn't cost me much as i had noticed the issue straight way.

I suppose that is different to your case where they are failing to execute your order by cancelling it early, in my case they were executing my order when they shouldn't have been.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2018
  9. d08

d08

I have found so many bugs and I have so many open tickets that by chatting with IB CS I feel like I'm their employee. They also make me do a lot of the work, as if it's my job to diagnose and fix the problems. I should be able to tell them the time of the problem and what happened, they should go from there.

Let's take the JPX (Tokyo) data which is faulty, all daily bars (charts+API) have wrong closes as the closing cutoff comes in before the closing auction. This also means the volume and other price parameters are possibly wrong.
    After a week with this pretty serious bug, nothing has changed.

My order issues have been unsolved for 2 months, that's horrific.
    Oh, I did find a simple, rarely occurring cosmetic bug but they were eager to fix that one...

IB can brag about highest margins but it comes from not hiring enough people.

10. truetype

truetype

IB's "horrific" yet you maintain an account there?

#10     Jun 17, 2018