Any trade journal software for institutional investors?

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by NT2020, Feb 27, 2020.

1. NT2020

NT2020

Hi, I'm a fixed income trader at an asset management firm. I'm wondering if anyone knows any trade journal software for institutional investors, that covers multiple asset classes like equities, rates, credit, etc.?

2. I guess you looked at tradervue, I'm sure you can pay them to add what you need. It's really best in class IMO.

3. Tradervue – Best overall trading journal. StockTrader.com Free Trading Journal – Best for basic manual entry. Edgewonk 2.0 – Best for software download. Trademetria – Best for simple design and included quote data. Build your own – Best for Microsoft excel users.

remogul92 likes this.
  4. I went with Trademetria as it's a bit less costly than Tradervue (although I have heard good things about that) and I have been happy with it - it keeps getting better. The founder is very responsive to any issues. I originally tried Edgewonk but the broker import feature is not as expansive as Trademetria, manually entering trades took too much time for me, you can't track multiple accounts separately, and it's not a web-based solution (although apparently they are in beta testing for that). For traders with one account who only take a few trades a day, Edgewonk may work well. It's all a matter of preference.

5. aetrade

aetrade

What do people think of Trading Diary Pro?
    Any comparisons of Trading Diary Pro, Trademetria, Tradevue, Tradersync?

Are these software platforms not risky? Can the software not obtain trades of a proprietary system from the diary/journal and possibly reverse engineer or piggyback these trades/

Glad to hear people's thoughts and experiences on these issues.

Thanks!

Last edited: Jul 14, 2020