Any interbank spot traders around?

Discussion in 'Forex' started by uzmar, Mar 24, 2008.

1. uzmar

uzmar

I trade spot fx for a local Australian bank, and I'm looking for similar people who trade on the interbank market to talk to / bounce ideas off.

Im fairly new to the game, been trading interbank for approx 10 months.

If you do and you can help me out, please pm me.

Thanks

2. you trade in the real interbank market so you must have 500k min. in your account and do about a billion in monthly trades? correct

3. ssss

ssss

uzmar

I trade spot fx for a local Australian bank, and I'm looking for similar people who trade on the interbank market to talk to / bounce ideas off.

1.If any operator would found any effect ,which can be realized
    to profit ,alsov only short time effect,he would not discuss
    that . All ,what you see on ET to this thema (journal &)
    is only propaganda

2. ... www.hotpsotfx.com offer possibility to participate direct
    in interbank trading with account minimum 7500$

Technology provider is www.currenex.com ,platform is some equal ...

Your respectfully

4. Diesis

Diesis

It sounds me interesting.
    Where do you see this on the website ?

This is pleasant:

"Moreover, our ECN model mitigates conflicts of interest inherent in some other platforms. We do not take positions against our clients and therefore do not profit whether you make or lose money."
    And this:

"Segregation of funds
    Hotspot FX follows a number of strict procedures which require the firm to arrange adequate protection for clients’ assets when the firm is responsible for them. An essential part of that protection is the proper accounting and handling of client money.
    All accounts held in Hotspot FX are maintained by the firm on a segregated basis. Hotspot FX will hold any client money separate from its own money at all times."

Where is the other side of the medal ?

5. if your definition of operators include traders, I do not agree with you. There is excellent market callers here.

Also, you may want to read about my modest record in two recent threads on EUR/JPY and EUR/USD. Calls are made in real-time (therefore tradeable). I am however just a retail trader. My main specialty is equity options trading, but I like to play forex to apply technical work I have been doing. Down the road, I may make forex another important profit center, but for now I want to play it safe and develop a track record and build up from a small base.

6. ssss

ssss

Where is the other side of the medal ?

There can be multiple ...

But author tested most of another brokers and suspect,that
    is better as another as offer fund protection for U.K. accounts
    and stated that is pure agent .

Author checked 10-k SEC ,hotspot belong to NITE
    NITE have trading income ,but no article about trading income from hotspot ...

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?threadid=123030

Any relevant opinion about hotspotfx as broker would appreciated .

You can try demo without charge from hotspotfx and from currenex.com .They are equal ,but one have 3.43 mb downloading,another 30 mb .

Your respectfully

7. ssss

ssss

Also, you may want to read about my modest record in two recent threads on EUR/JPY

?
    Best result was 855% on 3000$ per month capital by king of the mini contest fxcm from some operator from australia

Each month approx 4000 contestant*s

855% was best result for 3 years - from approx 150000 attempt /persons (4000 * 36 month*S)

trading records are public -
    http://www.learncurrencytrading.com/fxforum/forumdisplay.php?f=156

2 day before BSC crash 5 analyst*s stated buy and 10 hold ,
    no one stated sell

Last update: 3:08 p.m. EDT March 17, 2008

http://www.marketwatch.com/news/sto...x?guid={BACCBF9B-4189-4B6E-AA99-AC946EA8F017}

As part of the deal, J.P. Morgan immediately guaranteed all of Bear Stearns' (BSC:The Bear Stearns Companies Inc
    News, chart, profile, more
    Last: 4.81-25.19-83.97%
    ##############################################

From Reuters:
    As of March 13, the day before Bear revealed its stricken state, among 15 analysts surveyed by StarMine Corp, a unit of Reuters, five rated Bear "buy" or the equivalent, while 10 rated it "hold." None rated it "sell."

Even after Chief Executive Alan Schwartz the next day said liquidity had deteriorated rapidly, only two of the analysts cut their ratings, according to StarMine. And while the three major credit rating agencies all downgraded Bear on Friday, each continued to assign it investment-grade ratings
    http://finance.yahoo.com/q/hp?s=BSC

8. uzmar

uzmar

Sorry all,

I was just wondering if there were any spot traders that worked for Investment or Regional banks on this forum.

I guess the majority of ppl on this forum are retail..?

I was hoping not to discuss in public, but rather via reuters.

9. Surdo

Surdo

Try the moneytec forum.

http://www.moneytec.com/forums/index.php

10. ssss,

What is this with you and hotspot??? He didn't ask about how to trade in the interbank, did he? You keep mentioning hotspot whenever somebody talks about ECNs! In light of this, I find it ironic that you talk of propaganda on ET.

#10     Apr 2, 2008