Any good VPS service in Australia for trading through IB?

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by warcious, Feb 18, 2016.

1. warcious

warcious

I have recently moved to Australia from Europe where I was using VPS.net for my online VPS trading. Could anybody recommend a reliable and not to expensive VPS service in Australia for trading through the IB platform?
    I guess I would have to connect to IBs server in Hong Kong.

Thank you,
    Warcious

2. cbc1

cbc1

Welcome to Auz War.

Online Vps trading? My vps is quite simple..... I live opposite the internet exchange....

M8 I don't use VPS in any way. I don't know any traders who do. I will follow this thread tho 0_0

3. warcious

warcious

Thanks Cbc,
    What kind of trading do you do then?
    My exchanges are in Chicago and New York, so I will be pinging IBs server in Hong Kong.

4. cbc1

cbc1

Ur crazy with all this VPS stuff, I've never even heard of it b4 till about 2 days ago. I'm gonna send my m8 a message regarding this as he is a project manager for telstra in transportation ( ie : internet connections & speed ). I'l send him a msg tomorrow and will re-post.

I trade Eurex (Estx & Bund) and I trade (ES, ZN and now CL). A few people on here trade oil so it kinda got me into it, I originally wasn't trading it.

I'm also going to trade the local 10yr intra-session options. Code is XT.

What instruments do u trade?

5. just21

just21

Shouldn't the vps be as near to the server as possible?

6. cbc1

cbc1

u use a vps? Can u please explain the benefits?

7. just21

just21

The point of using a vps is to get the lowest latency. To achieve this get a vps as near to the IB server as possible. If you are trading futures then locate near the IB Chicago server. Equities or fx then locate near IB connecticut.

8. cbc1

cbc1

Ok, so I've googled it / latency and I'm a completly new person now. Where can I sign up for VPS.

Although do u recon I need it. I normally only place 1 trade per session. How many people use a VPS?

9. JHmethod

JHmethod

you dont need it. Mainly for high frequency trading.

10. cbc1

cbc1

Thats what I thought. Ty for that. I won't worry about it.

#10     Feb 19, 2016