any execution platform under 10ms?

Discussion in 'Order Execution' started by mcgene4xpro, Jun 8, 2010.

1. Hi,

For forex markets.

Is there any execution platform and brokerage under 10 milliseconds?

thanks
    McGene

2. Under 10 ms for what exactly?

For FX and other futures Globex trade matching engine is curently in the 5 ms range, so any native orders on the exchange server are done in 5 ms.

3. Checkout Openecry.com

You can trade both CME currency futures and Gain FX from the same platform and utilize the same onelink api.

4. Thanks , i have checked. Their execution as they told me between 20ms -40ms , and spreed is 1-2 pips for EURUSD, which i consider very high. However, everything else is ok. I will keep my eyes on them

5. I mean from the time their server will receive the order , routed to the exchange and show up in my book.

I am only interested in FX markets.

6. As of
    February 2010 Hotspot processes in excess of 50
    million orders/day, with a peak order flow rate of
    6,000 orders per second across all currency pairs.
    Order ACK times, as measured by customers at the
    HotspotFX co location facility, are consistently at or
    under 4 milliseconds, with order cancels at or under
    2 milliseconds.
    Paul Reidy
    Managing Director at HotspotFX

Does it mean i have to relocate my server to achieve such speed?

Thank you very much for sharing

7. this will apply for both order opening and closing !!

8. CGNobody

12-09-09 04:48 PM

Software-wise you can encrypt your application.

I am talking about encrypting your binaries and using a second application to decode it before you need it, using a password. The software actually never has to be written to disk in its decrypted form, only loaded in memory making it much much harder to steal. The encrypted software is actually 100% unusable without the second decrypting application

Or you can use the like of bitlocker to create password protected partitions on your harddrive. I would not know how secure it is but it is likely pretty good.

You could also separate your strategy into two parts and have each one run from different locations if that does not prevent proper operations. Or even split your strategy between different broker accounts but that is harder to arrange.

9. Jerry030

12-09-09 05:12 PM

Quote from CGNobody:

Software-wise you can encrypt your application.

I am talking about encrypting your binaries and using a second application to decode it before you need it, using a password. The software actually never has to be written to disk in its decrypted form, only loaded in memory making it much much harder to steal. The encrypted software is actually 100% unusable without the second decrypting application

Or you can use the like of bitlocker to create password protected partitions on your harddrive. I would not know how secure it is but it is likely pretty good.

You could also separate your strategy into two parts and have each one run from different locations if that does not prevent proper operations. Or even split your strategy between different broker accounts but that is harder to arrange.

Or another strategy is to seperate the process into two parts on differenet colocated servers: 1) Price acquisition and singal generation 2) Trade execution and account management.
    1) above generates both real and dummy trades, perhaps hundreds per minute 2) Above filters out the dummy trades only actually executing the real ones.

#10     Jun 10, 2010