Anti-Aging therapies nearing could be U.S. money solution to Soc Sec

Discussion in 'Economics' started by deucy28, Oct 18, 2015.

1. deucy28

deucy28

Oct 18, 2015

Near Anti-Aging therapies could be U.S. money solution to Soc Sec

The research has advanced and is 5 to 10 years within our grasp to have human trials prove as in animals already that organs can be renewed and longevity increased. The utility may be upon us possibly before Social Security trust fund is currently estimated to be dry. Tweakings applied to SS are band aids. Anti aging therapies address the problem head on as a solution. Tweaking is necessary to sustain SS long enough to allow the full benefit of this therapy and development of its breadth and scope to manifest after the currently scheduled estimate of the dry well year is upon us. Even having SS payments to individuals living 12 years longer, lets say like animals have, longevity may not be a new money problem considering the degree of up front savings to first prevent further tweaks to SS and add longevity for SS itself. Competent legislators by then will have had their come to Jesus moment once, and they or their replacements can have another opportunity to work out a solution before another crisis occurs. [ I hear your cynicism already about a "second chance" ]

Keeping people healthier in their old age is huge beyond what you may imagine for savings from not having to address exceptionally costly health issues of the aged. Current advancement in anti aging and those on the near horizon show potential solution via anti aging. The savings that can be realized can be meaningfully significant to address the following problem adequately:

"The United States government is borrowing 30 cents of every dollar it spends already, which happens to be almost the exact percentage of the budget that flows to the aged in the form of Social Security, Medicare, and other transfer payments. The trends that have created this problem, however, are accelerating as the population of transfer-payment recipients grows older and bigger due to increases in lifespans. Simultaneously, of course, the population of younger payers into the system is shrinking along with birth rates." [source identified below]

This subject had been out there tangential to my interest. Now it can be very big in all of our minds if everyone reads this essay just published. I didn't find the subject dry, and it got more interesting as the reading went along, not to mention investment opportunities. One can within a few minutes get insight into this rapidly advancing therapy by reading this, suggesting to me that by doing so won't have you ever forgetting the powerful significance of the subject and its quickly evolving solutions moving from the edge to the center of the radar screen. AND [ I am not a promoter ] there is a channel for investment due diligence help into something that no longer one has to hope for.....Public companies are in place now with transparency and excitement for the future. I am a trader, not an investor, but this one pushed my hot button.

Because this came as part of a newsletter received by email, I had to do a SEARCH to give you a direct link.
    http://www.mauldineconomics.com/economic-analysis
    or http://www.mauldineconomics.com/frontlinethoughts/the-age-age

2. Maybe I missed something in the logic but wouldn't living longer and not working be worse for SS, not better?
    Sounds almost like a science fiction nightmare.

3. deucy28

deucy28

Yes, you missed something. Your intelligent question was addressed in the first, big paragraph.

All the verbiage except in quotes is mine. You really should start for sure, and then scan-- if you must-- the article. It reads like a story of two who went through major (actually a center of gravity company) buildings (labs) in San Francisco.

I'm not hyping when I say it grew more fun as I continued to read. Of course you should have a modicum of curiosity to reach the level I just described for myself. You are right about the sounding like science fiction. We are truly in an advanced century of progress toward what used to be fiction reading. To read this as fact is amazing to me.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2015
    dartmus likes this.
  4. you're really naive if you buy into any of this

there is no cure for aging

5. deucy28

deucy28

When I become aware of anyone working on a "cure" I will post that, too.

Trolls can be helpful. It prompts me to share a little more of what I read.

Aging is a natural process. It can be slowed. Organs can be regnerated by the body's own physiological dynamics. Skin can be regenerated. Liver regenerates. Blood cells can be regenerated.

Stem cell research has steered a process to regenerate organs in animals that the body does not regenerate. The organs researchers are targeting to regenerate are the main channel ones that are more vulnerable with aging. Regeneration means old replaced with new allowing for less problems with agedness. The body is chronologically older, but not those organs that have been regenerated anew. Conclusion ? Increased longevity.

Did I go slow enough ?

Is your source as eminent as the ones referred to in the article ? Oops...You did not cite any.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2015
    deltastrike and dartmus like this.
  6. eurusdzn

eurusdzn

How much would an invested dollar be today that was invested under the Buttonwood tree in 1792 ? Compouding and immortality....Nice.

7. dartmus

dartmus

Thanks for the reminder our future will be so far removed from what we know in the present it will indeed be amazing seeing science fiction not only come true but also being exceeded.

8. NoBias

NoBias

Not true.

The cure has been around since the beginning of time. Death.

Autodidact likes this.
  9. deucy28

deucy28

Depends on what you invested in. Can anything from then be traced in whole or part still existing today ?

Depends on your view, but for me immortality is a non-player for desirability, along with reincarnation. Do I really have to go thru those bumps, breaks and bruises again ?

Which reminds me of when my little brother came home from Sunday school and asked Mom to confirm the teacher's lesson of having been originated from dust and ending life eventually becoming dust. She acknowledged it was true. Later he came running out of his bedroom and down the hall yelling for her. He was excited, telling her, "You better come to my bedroom....I looked under my bed.....Someone is either coming or going."

FCXoptions likes this.
  10. Handle123

Handle123

I don't believe in retirement, I believe in have tests done to see how body is holding up and doing hard work physically and mentally, doing something you love to do and then it not so much work. The heart must be kept in good shape by exercise, then eating right stopping in the veggies/fruit areas, pond fed fish as everything else is polluted, learn to make water by tapping the air for it, learn to make alternative energies, world is so interesting.

People always get what they put in, whether it is trading or living...

#10     Oct 19, 2015