Another sign of hard times for teachers? They make up nearly 10 percent of Airbnb hosts.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by dealmaker, Aug 20, 2018.

1. dealmaker

dealmaker

[​IMG]
    Another sign of hard times for teachers? They make up nearly 10 percent of Airbnb hosts.
    [​IMG]
    Nearly 1 in 10 hosts who rent out their apartments, homes and spaces on Airbnb are teachers, according to a new survey by the company, another possible indicator of the hardship facing members of the profession as wages fall or stagnate compared with other college graduates. Airbnb said that results of its survey, in which hosts voluntarily reported information about their professions, indicated 45,000 active hosts on the service were teachers. Another 30,000 had teachers living in their households. (San Antonio Express-News)

2. d08

d08

Why is it "hard times"? Why not extra income?

Clubber Lang likes this.
  3. Hard Times for teachers?
    WTF?!!
    They are the most overpaid profession when you include the ridiculous obscene pensions!
    They work 9 months a year with weekends and holidays off plus spring and Christmas break and summer off for 22-25 years then retire at 70% pay with full healthcare and COLA!!!
    My buddy is a principal. He makes 150k and will be retired at 48 taking home six figures and healthcare for the rest of his life while he gets drunk and plays golf.

All on the taxpayers dime
    Thank your local democrats :vomit:

Scataphagos likes this.
  4. JSOP

JSOP

The fact that they can be Airbnb owners is an attestation to the fact that they are rich that they have so much extra income to have multiple properties that they can rent out as Airbnb. How many of us have +1 properties? And we are the ones who are supposed to be rich cuz we are traders. LOL

elderado likes this.
  5. JSOP

JSOP

Well they do have one of the hardest jobs on earth, dealing with 45 unruly brats in a class and their entitled and clueless parents. I get a headache babysitting just ONE of my nieces and she's only 6. LOL And they have to deal with 45 in a class. And if you work for some of the worst high schools in troubled neighbourhoods, your life could even be in danger. Sometimes, when you think of that, they really do deserve to be overpaid.

6. d08

d08

Disagree. You struggle because you don't know the methods of controlling kids. Where do you have 45 in one class? The average is 23.

Clubber Lang likes this.
  7. JSOP

JSOP

It's still tiring even if you are trained to deal with children. And what about teaching in schools in troubled neighbourhoods?

8. d08

d08

It takes a certain type of person. People enjoy different things. I've long noticed many in the teaching profession enjoy the authority and power. Don't assume they are all like yourself and necessarily "good".

9. sle

sle

Right and there are many other things to enjoy. as many Catholic priests have found out..

10. JSOP

JSOP

Don't think those teachers are enjoying their "authority and power" when they can be mugged by those students at gunpoint. LOL I think they are praying that they make it alive to their retirement.

#10     Aug 21, 2018