Another $3 trillion dollar stimulus package would now bring the total to $10 trillion plus!!!!

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by S2007S, May 12, 2020.

1. S2007S

S2007S

2. S2007S

S2007S

Unemployed will get $600 extra a week until January if this is signed in!!!!!!!!

Talk about good unemployment money

• Nearly $1 trillion in relief or state and local governments
    • A second round of direct payments of $1,200 per person, and up to $6,000 for a household
    • About $200 billion for hazard pay for essential workers who face heightened health risks during the crisis
    • $75 billion for coronavirus testing and contact tracing — a key effort to restart businesses
    • An extension of the $600 per week federal unemployment insurance benefit through January (the provision approved in March is set to expire after July)
    • $175 billion in rent, mortgage and utility assistance
    • Offers subsidies and a special Affordable Care Act enrollment period to people who lose their employer-sponsored health coverage

3. Turveyd

Turveyd

UK extended Furlough by 4months till end of October, 80% wage to keep jobs until then.

Then the companys will reopen and see wait a while then see what's left business wise and likely lose a lot of staff anyway.

Interest free £50K loans, guaranteed by government so if you go under, government picks up the ticket.

£5K grant for businesses under a certain size square meter wise.

Pretty much got Herd all slowing down nicely, but the scared public had a melt down, need longer to convince there safe to go back outside and to work.

4. southall

southall

There is nowhere near herd in the UK, recent antibody tests showed only 4% of the UK have been infected. And 10% of London.

Lockdowns did the job of reducing the R number and stopping infections, because people stopped going near each other.

I speak online with 10 people in my team/office each day. Not a single person says they reckon they have been infected or had even mild symtoms. Just a small sample i know. But speaking to relatives, same story. I only know 3 people out of hundreds who claim to have had it. 50% of infected people get some mild symptoms but im not see that among the people i know.

Last edited: May 12, 2020
  5. Turveyd

Turveyd

Anti Body test failed remember, waiting on a new 1 being released hopefully this week.

I literally know 32 people who've had it or live in the same house as someone who's had it and I'm not in london.

Nobody new in the last 2 weeks.

If lockdowns worked, it would of dropped a lot lower about 3 weeks ago, but reached the point of spreading within the households. Steady drop from about 5weeks ago = low herd!!

6. southall

southall

Results were leaked yesterday for the UK, government antibody tests showed only 4% of the UK have been infected so far.

7. southall

southall

Sir Patrick Vallance, Number 10's chief scientific adviser, revealed last night in the Downing Street press conference that around 4 per cent of Britain and 10 per cent of London has developed antibodies against COVID-19.

The estimate - based on data from antibody testing across the home nations carried out a fortnight ago - means only around 2.64million Brits have had the infection. It also suggests the illness kills around 1.21 per cent of all cases, making it around 12 times deadlier than the flu.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...ple-England-currently-deadly-coronavirus.html

8. southall

southall

The UK about the same as the US both with only 4% of the population been infected so far.

Death rate has been higher in the UK, probably because of shitty NHS.

9. Turveyd

Turveyd

New tests only certified last week, so old tests and invalid.

If this is true, then it wouldn't of been coming down before the lockdowns took effect, London had peaked and coming down 1 week before lockdowns aswell.

Sweden reckon only 1 in 75 need hospital care / get tested so

226,500 * 75 = 16.9Mil so only 25% area.

We'll see, my bet is with or without lockdowns UK will continue to drop over the next few months as it has been.

10. Turveyd

Turveyd

Agree with shitty NHS, although no where near capacity ever, none of the 16,000 ICU beds built used, still spend too long fanny around with PPE than doing there jobs sadly.

Care Homes aswell that's added a lot.

NYC's hospital care also shocking poor.

#10     May 12, 2020