Andrew Luck is retiring

Discussion in 'Sports' started by Clubber Lang, Aug 24, 2019.

1. tommcginnis likes this.
  2. Overnight

Overnight

Mahomes or bust. That's my fantasy league theme this year. And without Gronk on the TE? Will be tough to pick. L. Bell still acting stupid, A. Brown now acting stupid because of his helmet whining...

As for Luck? I never liked his stats. If I can't get Mahomes, I'm going for A. Rogers. I love his steely-eyed peering around the field. Reminds me of a shark for some reason.

3. Overnight

Overnight

Whoops, no more Rogers. He's wearing a walking boot?

Why do these coaches insist on putting in starters during the pre-season? Oi!

4. eurusdzn

eurusdzn

He may realize that millionares can have a lfe outside of pain,, injury, frustration and disappointment.
    It is too bad. A good, talented guy.

tommcginnis likes this.
  5. tango29

tango29

Rogers hasn't played a down in a preseason game this year. A little confused here.

6. Overnight

Overnight

My bad, I thought he suffered the injury during pre-season. That is an old injury that kept him down during the regular season last year?

7. tommcginnis

tommcginnis

FWIW (and, as a non-NFL addict), Luck had really grown a respect-worthy personna here in Indy. He was into charitable actions (hospitals and PBS), he downplayed Colts-related drama, he was *always* going an extra mile. (Kinda like his on-field self, with the occasional "Nice stick!" when someone tackled him particularly well. I mean, who does that?)

Ironically, on Sunday night, CBS' "60 Minutes" ran a piece on Tim Green, whom most point towards his football career to explain his oncoming ALS battle...