AMZN $1000 by the New Year?

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by felixbocharov, Sep 29, 2016.

1. One friend of mine told me about this one month ago, and now Amazon is trading at $800+ and it's like only the end of September. What do you think about it?

2. i think there is more money to be made short than long at this point

3. Overnight

Overnight

I wonder how many people thought that about 'BRK.A' 25 years ago. Wonder how those shorters are feeling now.

4. lovethetrade

lovethetrade Guest

Anything's possible now that Amazon is expanding to more countries. By concentrating on its logistics a few years ago and being an early adopter of new technology it has kept ahead of the competition. Amazon is the type of stock you would want to own for a lifetime.

I'd personally wait for a dip back below a 20 or 50 period moving average on a daily though.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 29, 2016
  5. I'd personally take a jab on the short term although long term im very bullish on AMZN

6. lovethetrade

lovethetrade Guest

Actually, i'd keep buying while i'm getting buy signals and sell when i get a sell signal. Waiting for a stock to come back to a certain price point may never happen.

Michael J. Fletcher likes this.
  7. Agreed, this is the kind of stock that you should be careful with, with such crazy p/e ratio it can plummet at any time so, though it does not mean that it will, as long as people believe that Amazon is great the price of the stock will only go up.

8. after reading comments in this thread, i'm convinced to stay away from this stock and if i'd touch it it would be to short it....it's trading with euphoria right now and if it hasn't peaked, then the peak is around the corner

9. lovethetrade

lovethetrade Guest

What happens if the stock keeps going up to 1,000, 1200 etc. This is a very bullish stock with huge future growth expectations.

Would you be disappointed you didn't get in at $840?

I'm sure there were plenty that said the same thing when it was $30.

http://www.profitconfidential.com/stock/amazon-com-inc-this-spells-doom-for-amzn-stock-bears/

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 30, 2016
    Jamie J. likes this.
  10. #10     Sep 30, 2016
    lovethetrade likes this.