AMP & Sierra Chart

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by quintrix, Mar 31, 2021.

1. First of all, there is not AMP web support (chat) at this time. Why??

After this post on Sierra Chart support board, it seems clear to me that all AMP customers have to migrate to other brokers if they want to trade with Sierra Chart

There have been many problems for AMP customers these days, due to strong stance of Sierra Chart against CQG, and the transition to their Denali data feed (difficult setup)

So I want to know what AMP is doing about it. The new Rithmic data feed will replace CQG?

Here's what SC has posted yesterday:

https://www.sierrachart.com/SupportBoard.php?PostID=259762#P259762

"Now that we see various issues being reported, including issues involving bracket orders and limited fill history for trade statistics, we go back to the very same thing that we have been saying and that is we recommend using the Sierra Chart order routing service instead of CQG:
    https://www.sierrachart.com/index.php?page=doc/SierraChartOrderRoutingServiceWithData.php

If the Sierra Chart Order Routing Service is not supported by your broker, then use one that does support it.

That remains true to this very moment even considering, the issue that TT had back in February.

And we are going to replace TT with our own direct CME order routing.

We are also going to be releasing soon, the new Rithmic integration.

Once we are well underway with our own direct routing, and we have also the new Rithmic, we may even remove CQG from even being mentioned on this website. This is just not worth it.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2021
  2. ZBZB

ZBZB

What is the SC objection to CQG?

3. geth03

geth03

AMP has 24h chat support.

4. geth03

geth03

well, thats strange.
    i think they have a new chat function now. some kind of automated response.
    did you try this?: https://www.ampfutures.com/

5. why people use Sierra , when this software has so many Issues? it is really that good ?

6. AMP_Futures

AMP_Futures ET Sponsor

Hello all. We have been working directly with Sierra Chart and our customers to make this as simple as possible setup.

We continue to support all Sierra Chart Packages on the CQG and Rithmic datafeed connections (including using the Sierra Chart Denali Datafeed - CQG order routing only setup).

>> Another benefit of this setup via CQG or Rithmic (order routing only) will allow you to continue to connect to Sierra Chart/Denali plus all of the other 40+ trading platforms connected to CQG or Rithmic: https://www.ampfutures.com/platforms/

We have created this simple setup request form for Sierra Chart Package 3, 5, 10, 11 and 12.

For Confirmation. Using the CQG Order Routing only setup with AMP - there is NO additional Monthly fee to connect Sierra to CQG and NO additional fee for using CQG Web-based Trading & Mobile App for back up (enabled by default and for FREE for all AMP/CQG live setups)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    If you need any assistance, please contact our 24 hour help desk in real-time via Phone or Live CHAT: https://www.ampfutures.com/contact-us/

Happy Trading!

7. geth03

geth03

i compared Multicharts, which is free for AMP customers, with Sierra.
    Sierra is really really fast!
    the processing of data is incredible fast. footprint charts, volume profile etc. load really quickly.

VPhantom and AbbotAle like this.
  8. T441

T441

Quintrix thanks for posting this I hadn’t spotted this on the support board.....the relationship between SC and CQG has been strained for several years, and not much better with TT either! This is just IMO....Ultimately it seems SC wants all its customers to use its own or Denali data feed, no doubt to raise its revenues. The software is very good and a bargain price compared to other offerings, however SC knows if they raise the price customers will likely look elsewhere. Likewise many of their clients will be with brokers who offer TT and or CQG data feeds and would be suspicious of moving to a lesser known feed like Denali or SC s own. SC being primarily a retail platform doesn’t have the influence to get TT/CQG to make programming changes to their api s so some complex order situations arise as per the link above. SC is therefore in a delicate situation trying to raise its revenues without losing loads of customers. Ultimately they may succeed but it’s a long slow process, I remain with AMP/SC/CQG and have never had an issue with bracket orders, but I never hold overnight. I haven’t done enough research to know what I would choose if CQG was removed, but it looks like I might need to start! Wonder if anyone else here has switched or is thinking of switching?

Asterix, AMP_Futures and quintrix like this.
  9. With the coming New Rithmic Data Feed that will have full support from Sierra Chart, it would be possible for backup to access to R|Trader? And what are the costs involved?

The problem with Denali/CQG is that we don't have access to CQG Web for backup

10. AMP_Futures

AMP_Futures ET Sponsor

New Rithmic Data Feed...we have no details. But, it would be assumed..since it is Rithmic - Yes, you would have access to R|Trader for Backup.

This is inaccurate: "The problem with Denali/CQG is that we don't have access to CQG Web for backup".

Using AMP/CQG for order routing...via any trading platform connected to CQG (including Sierra/Denali/CQG) -
    YOU DO have access to CQG web and mobile app for backup.

And FREE for AMP Customers (No Extra Monthly Fees)

#10     Mar 31, 2021