AMP News: Options Trading Now Available via CQG Datafeed (Just Released)

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by AMP_Futures, Dec 6, 2016.

1. AMP_Futures

AMP_Futures ET Sponsor

We are Excited to Announce - Options Trading is Now Available at AMP Futures using CQG Datafeed!

This Release includes Options Trading on all CME exchanges.

See Full Release Details >>

We work as a 24 hour support team. Everyone is fully trained in all AMP platforms/services.

If you need any assistance, please do not hesitate to contact our 24 hour help desk in real-time via Phone or Live CHAT: http://www.ampfutures.com/contact-us/

There is a risk of loss in trading futures, forex and options. Futures, forex and options trading are not appropriate for all investors.

CBC likes this.
  2. xandman

xandman

Kudos. That is a wonderful development. Could you please educate us about AMP margin policies regarding futures options?

ie

1) naked positions margin treatment
    2) trading limits based on the number of cleared contracts
    3) margin to capital ratio requirements

or anything that would limit the breadth of strategies available to the trader in comparison to stock equities trading.

Thank You.

AMP_Futures likes this.
  3. AMP_Futures

AMP_Futures ET Sponsor

Thanks xandman.

We are going to continue to limit options trading to Buy/Long Only. We are not going to permit Net Short (Naked) Options Positions.

We continue to focus mainly on Futures Contracts Trading, but now offer the ability of our customers to also Buy Put/Call options.

CBC and xandman like this.
  4. xandman

xandman

Thank You for the reply.

Are long/short Butterflies and Time Spreads are allowed?

and regarding items 2) and 3) ?

5. CBC

CBC

THANK GOD FOR THAT!!!!!

I've been waiting my whole life for this news release!!! So exciting!!!

:D:D:D.

AMP_Futures likes this.
  6. AMP_Futures

AMP_Futures ET Sponsor

xandman likes this.
  7. How about selling covered call? Long ES + Short Call on ES?

8. AMP_Futures

AMP_Futures ET Sponsor

9. xandman

xandman

In appreciation for the immediate and direct response, I want other ETers who are not familiar with the business to know that this caution is actually good. An loose, open-to-all policy would definitely make me run the other way. There are many hurdles that the industry, as a whole, faces in enforcing risk controls.

Thanks again, AMP. And, good job.

CBC and AMP_Futures like this.
  10. Overnight

Overnight

There is something gritty I love about AMP. No-holds-barred, this-is-the-way-it-is-type stuff. I like how they do not throw caution to the wind.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2016
    #10     Dec 7, 2016
    AMP_Futures and CBC like this.