AMD pummeled any hope?

Discussion in 'Options' started by ggelitetrader000, Oct 24, 2018.

1. Report summary said, Lisa Su mentioning CPU sales were good and graphics lagged. No surprise, since nvidia is currently a king of GPU-s.

AMD just released data center GPU V340 and just started picking up. I wonder how it will play out against NVIDIA graphics domination.

Think to account is Lisa Su has a family relationship with Nvidia CEO. My gut feeling is Nvidia ceo treats it as family business sharing the market then trying to gulf each other. :)

murray t turtle likes this.
  2. zdreg

zdreg

what is the definition of the phrase to gulf?

Last edited: Oct 24, 2018
  3. S2007S

S2007S

I was actually surprised by this drop ... semiconductors have been the worst performing sector these last few months. Seems like the pain once again is coming tomorrow...unless they buy the dip..

4. I meant gulp :sneaky:

5. I would be the brave one to pick up a few falling knives, NVDA, MU, MCHP, BABA, VMW,,probably not touching AMD

6. guru

guru

I wasn’t able to use AMD hardware for the last 20 years due to their crappy, overheating, slow hardware, and I’ve worked with thousands of computers and servers across various companies. And I’m not an exception since their sales always have shown that nobody cares about AMD. I never understood why anyone would buy that crappy stock, instead of buying stocks of companies whose products they use every day or even buy by the truckload.
    I wouldn’t even have respect for people who’d use AMD, except maybe for home computer users.
    (you need to understand how much some people hate AMD before you touch that stock)

vanzandt likes this.
  7. AMD is used to be very respectable company, Intel was cursed by many ppl for predatory competative practice not sure now, glassdoor rating is not brilliant. Intel seems to be a better place and not hearing many people hatin' it today. But AMD it has a long and rich history. It is amazing it is still standing today. Even wiki says some of the Intel CPU design (Celeron) has origins in AMD.

8. kashirin

kashirin

do you know how many people hate apple or microsoft or amazon?

i smell you're short from 2 or 3 but your attitude show you're immature trader

when you trade you never hate and never love

piezoe and Peter8519 like this.
  9. I hate em all, but most i hate is Google so a to the list.

murray t turtle likes this.
  10. guru

guru

I don’t trade AMD (this year), and I don’t trade on my own hate. I trade on information and understanding why people use or won’t use products. AAPL, MSFT and AMZN sales and growth don’t show prevailing hate, while hate for AMD is simply validated by numbers, which I’m pointing out to the benefit of those who’d like to open their eyes and trade on information rather than love. Too many people lost on AMD over the many years because they aren’t aware of their crappy products hated by most, not just a few.

#10     Oct 24, 2018