Amazon's:[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway.]

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Optionpro007, Sep 2, 2009.

1. MeaT says:
    [Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway.]

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 28, 2009 9:52 AM PDT
    Last edited by the author on Aug 28, 2009 9:57 AM PDT

Priest T Bone Steak says:
    [Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway.]

2. While reading a thread in Amazon, I came across some posts that had been flagged as garbage by other readers, and thus were invisible, giving the person reading the thread also the opportunity to view those posts anyway if they wish.

Why couldn't ET do the same?

3. I suppose if one is Baron, why fix what ain't broke? this site hasn't changed radically in years. about as radical as the changes got (if memory serves):

- removed our signature lines
    - removed the top posters from the home page
    - added 'sticky' type threads for forums
    - divided chit chat into P&R and chit chat
    - some ignore addon features etc

That is all I can remember having been changed within the last five or six years.

Perhaps it is cost-prohibitive to change the code, perhaps it's a relic, who knows - ET doesn't look like any other forum software I've seen.

Back on topic: good suggestions have been posted in the past but rarely are they implemented.

4. Baron

Baron ET Founder

We could but I don't see how this feature is better than the ignore feature we already have. At least with the ignore feature, you get to decide what content is hidden instead of relying on others to make those decisions for you.

5. If I see something is hidden, then I am more curious to read it.