am i ready?!

Discussion in 'Options' started by met1989, May 2, 2018.

1. met1989

met1989

So i have everything setup and i was demo trading for more then year know and the returns are very nice 20-30 % a year and i treated the demo account like a real account i was very strict but im to scared to start the real trading on my account anyone ever dealt with this matter ?

tommcginnis likes this.
  2. tomorton

tomorton

Start with a small risk, down to 1% of your account capital if you can manage it. Set a stop-loss using TA and adjust position size down to your risk level. Try to avoid setting a TP order but do monitor your position and close them when they start to look weak.

There's no way to avoid getting wet if you're actually going to swim in the sea.

3. met1989

met1989

thanks so much but back a few years ago i was trading with SL anti didn't work for me now i don't touch those things (which could be NOT a good thing) but the only way to reduce it to 1% loss is to put more money in the account
    for now the loss is around 2-4 % of the account value

4. JSOP

JSOP

Yes you are. Start small. You might also need to work out some kinks in some execution issues when trading for real as demo trading can never test for execution issues.

5. Everyone is scared, or cautious and apprehensive, about each and every trade. That's completely normal when money is on the line.
    That's why everyone on Wall Street are bald men who look paranoid and stressed out always.

But that feeling is much, much more intense for a beginner rather then a veteran...so it's important you just basically jump in...and let your training and intuition take over. Because there is no way to sugar-coat that process.

Try to truly understand the collective process of your understanding of the trade.
    Don't just assume you will become an instant, overnight trading success...because of your stop loss, and letting your winners run.
    If it were that easy of cutting losses quickly and letting winners blindly run...everyone would be rich from the market. Like most things in life, it's usually much more complicated then that.

Last edited: May 2, 2018
  6. ah what the hell...go for it, put it all on red.

vanzandt likes this.
  7. Jack1960

Jack1960

Start with small size.

8. Are you F'n NUTS? BLACK!

vanzandt likes this.
  9. Too funny...your awake too?

10. lovethetrade

lovethetrade Guest

Good question. If you're scared, you're most likely unprepared. Preparation is all about removing fear and uncertainty. I'm getting close to the 10 year mark and I thought I knew lot after year 5. I still have fear because I know in another few years I might look back at what im doing now and think I didnt know enough and could've done better. This is what drives me to make sure I'm that person 3-5 years into the future looking back and reviewing my work now.

#10     May 2, 2018