alternative to the tws classic from IB

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by scalpi, Aug 7, 2020.

1. scalpi

scalpi

Hello !

I am using the tws classic platform since 25 Years !
    I am satisfied with IB and the platform. But now they want rediculous intraday margins for futures trading. For example for my main product the FDAX round about 60k !!

Therefore I am looking now for a platform that is similiar to the tws classic.
    I want specially one line where bid, bid size and ask, ask size and last, last size is showing and where I can create the order by clicking the bid or ask and than configure or change or send the order by clicking. I do not want to trade via DOM.

To find a broker is not the problem for me. The problem is to find a similiar platform !!!

2. ZBZB

ZBZB

Last edited: Aug 7, 2020
  3. scalpi

scalpi

I know the AMP Platformes. But I did not find a similiar like tws classic ???

4. DevBru

DevBru

You will not find a platform that is similar to TWS.

However it is highly unlikely that none of those platforms offered by AMP is unable to do what you want.

Take a look at Multicharts or SierraChart, both free with AMP and very customisable.

5. ZBZB

ZBZB

Contact every company in the amp list and ask them.

6. scalpi

scalpi

thanks for your advice !

perhaps someone has /had the same problem with tws margin and did find a solution ?

7. DevBru

DevBru

The only solution to avoid the high margin is to switch broker and platform.

There is no other solution, just check the platforms AMP is offering to see if they offer the tools you need and then learn to use the new platform.

There are no shortcuts.

apdxyk likes this.
  8. scalpi

scalpi

ZBZB and DevBru thanks for your advice.

Most of the platforms with AMP are very complex. I do not need an analytical tool. I just need an easy order execution tool, that is not using the DOM or the chart as base for the execution.

Any idea ? thanks

9. DevBru

DevBru

They can be very complex if you want to, if you only use the basic functions they will not be that hard to understand.

If you want a very basic platform Rithmic Pro might be an option. Basic, easy to understand, very stable but limited functions.

Rithmic pro is also offered at AMP.

10. ZBZB

ZBZB

#10     Aug 7, 2020