already sorry I've opened a new IB account ...

Discussion in 'Order Execution' started by tortoise, Jan 13, 2011.

1. tortoise

tortoise

... and I haven't even taken a trade. No, just bushwhacking my way through the terrifyingly complex setup instructions for their Traders' Workstation. Good God!

2. Bowgett

Bowgett

What are you talking about? It is just three clicks on "Next" button. :cool:

3. BSAM

BSAM

Exaggeration.

4. bigpapi

bigpapi

Complex because of all the features, which is a good thing, it's certainly not "for dummies", for that go to scottrade or other platforms not made for pro's.

You MUST spend a few days to review the training videos posted on the site so you can use all of the features this can only benefit you.

5. BSAM

BSAM

He's a bit slow. But afterall, he is a tortoise.:p

6. LeeD

LeeD

Sounds like you are confused about "features". Disable them

7. tortoise

tortoise

You MUST spend a few days to review the training videos posted on the site so you can use all of the features this can only benefit you. [/B][/QUOTE]

Yes, I've got a three day weekend coming up so I guess that's what I'll be doing with my weekend.

This does seem absurdly complex. I've used X-Trader -- hardly software for amateurs -- and this, by comparison, seems insane.

But, again, we'll see.

Curious about one thing, in the meantime. While the rest of the world uses "bid" and "ask", IB throws in something it calls "BookTrader Price." But I have yet to find any description of what said "BookTrader Price" entails.

Does anyone know what the "BookTrader Price" is?

8. Yes, I've got a three day weekend coming up so I guess that's what I'll be doing with my weekend.

This does seem absurdly complex. I've used X-Trader -- hardly software for amateurs -- and this, by comparison, seems insane.

But, again, we'll see.

Curious about one thing, in the meantime. While the rest of the world uses "bid" and "ask", IB throws in something it calls "BookTrader Price." But I have yet to find any description of what said "BookTrader Price" entails.

Does anyone know what the "BookTrader Price" is? [/B][/QUOTE]

you know..level 2. the order book.

9. tortoise

tortoise

I'm pretty sure it's not the level 2 order book as you're asked to choose to submit limit orders at the bid or the ask or the "booktrader price."

Again, IB appears to be silent on just what that "booktrader price" is.

An aside ... so far, i've found their video tutorials to be ridiculous, with pain-staking explanations (mind-numbing, really) of the simplest things (like how to log on), but when it comes to things like bid v. ask v. "booktrader price," you're left to your own imagination, I guess ...

10. BSAM

BSAM

Brotherman...Do this...

Go to the IB website. In the upper right corner there is a search box. Type in: book trader

Have fun.

#10     Jan 13, 2011