Algo Trading - Looking for platform suggestions

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by AA_Anonymous, Oct 16, 2017.

1. Hello,

I'm relatively new to trading. I started Spot FX in Dec, 2016 and quit that crazy shh in March. I've been strictly trading futures since then. It's pretty much taken over my life and pushed my main job to a 2nd job for now.

I'd like to start looking into Algo trading. I'm not the type of person that will go out and buy a system. I was/am a few course units short of obtaining a degree in CS so I'd prefer to build it myself. Just that type of person, no offense to anyone else.

The platform I've been using is TT-Standard. I only keep a small account at the FCM I go through since I'd prefer to pay higher fees through ToS but have TD backing them in case something happens. I don't know if I can justify paying $400/mo plus almost 80 cents per side.

Does anyone have any suggestions? It looks like you can build Algo's through MT5, Sierra and a few others. Do I suck it up and pay the $400/mo for TT? Is their builder/service top notch in comparison?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you
    D

2. Robert Morse

Robert Morse Sponsor

AA_Anonymous likes this.
  3. Hello @AA_Anonymous.

I'd be happy to get you in touch with someone from the TT sales department via email or other means. They can assist you with your broker relations and point you in the right direction with your algo development in ADL.

Best regards,

Patrick

AA_Anonymous likes this.
  4. @AA_Anonymous your choice of brokers depends on the type of instruments that you want to trade in and what type of software language you want to use for your algo system.

AA_Anonymous likes this.
  5. qlai

qlai

I was in a similar situation and found Rithmic to be the most cost effective way to start out.

AA_Anonymous likes this.
  6. MarkBrown

MarkBrown

what is volume? 50/100/200/500? on a per trade basis (each side) of course. or how do you figure it?

7. Robert Morse

Robert Morse Sponsor