ALERT! the best show on TV starts TONIGHT (10/28)!

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Gordon Gekko, Oct 28, 2003.

1. yea and they got commercial every 2 mins. thanks but no thanks.

#31     Oct 28, 2003
  2. Jack Bauer is a heroin addict? Is nothing sacred on this show?

#32     Oct 28, 2003
  3. I bought the stand-up arcade case from www.x-arcade.com to house my MAME PC. It was around $1000 bucks.

#33     Oct 28, 2003
  4. i hope it makes jack bauer even more crazy.

#34     Oct 28, 2003
  5. I watched it. What a waste of an hour. It's an action soap opera without action.

#35     Oct 28, 2003
  6. i can guarantee you the show has plenty of action. it's just not 100% action with a weak story and characters no one cares about. i won't deny the show has some properties of a soap opera, but that is pretty much character building. anyone who has watched previous seasons of 24 knows the characters are built up very well. of course, there are still plenty of minor characters who get shot here and there that don't mean much to the show.

i am someone who pretty much never cries during movies, nevermind a tv show, but i will admit 24 has made my eyes watery more than once. for example, for anyone who watched season 2, the scenes with the george mason character and his son. i am not the only one this happens to, too. whenever the show makes me emotional like that, i'll go to the 24 message board and there will be a bunch of other grown men admitting the same thing. maybe it's not for everyone, but i would be very surprised if after watching a season of 24 most people do not like it a lot.

all this said, you are obviously free to have any opinion and not watch what you don't like.

http://24.tvscorecard.com/

#36     Oct 29, 2003

7. agree.

:) :) :)

surfer

#37     Oct 29, 2003

8. explain to me how that works....I have a huge game room im trying to fill up....Ive been trying to get some games off e-bay but its a pain in the ass....when you buy this mame system, is each game a sepaerate cost? is it software only?

#38     Oct 29, 2003
  9. i don't think i'm the guy to ask about that in particular. ask Rearden Metal.

what i was talking about are emulator PROGRAMS that you run on your computer. you can also download games and play them on your computer. they are the actual old games, not remakes. there are emulators for all kinds of video games. MAME is popular for arcade games, ZSNES is popular for super nintendo games, NEStron is popular for regular nintendo games.

although it may be against the law to use these games on your computer, especially if you don't already own them, all this stuff can be downloaded for free on the internet.

#39     Oct 29, 2003
  10. You only need one stand-up machine. It actually contains a Windows PC running MAME (which is an arcade emulator). The games themselves are in zipped files called ROMS which can be downloaded from the internet (although they're getting tough to find since they're really illegal). These are identical copies of the classic arcade games. I've downloaded about 800 games myself (I'm not interested in the rest). When you buy the MAME system, usually you have to find the games yourself.

You can get more information from the internet by searching on MAME. Or check Ebay for MAME arcade machines. The arcade machines come with authentic 27" TV monitors for the old school authentic look. Or you can try building one yourself if you're handy. Graphics and playability are authentic especially if you use a top-notch controller like the one offered by x-arcade.

There's no need to fill up a game room since one machine can do the trick!

#40     Oct 29, 2003