Alberta Oil Sands Stk Pks

Discussion in 'Commodity Futures' started by agpilot, Jan 23, 2006.

1. agpilot

agpilot

2. Chagi

Chagi

3. KenL

KenL

agpilot,
    Thanks for the link to the story. It reminded me to focus on getting some of these stocks such as Suncor and Murphy, etc.. Good long term investments for anyone's portfolio as I don't see the strong uptrend ever reversing directions.

4. Good as Gold.
    :)

5. agpilot

agpilot

--------------------------------------------------

Thanks Chagi but my question was in asking what picks others are focused on... and maybe why?
    I've already got $$ in Suncor but I thought maybe there was a smaller stock that was feeding off the big players and getting more upside percent in stock price.

I havn't found a pipeline from Ft McMurray to the USA either. Again, I was wondering what other related play might be worth watching?
    I'll bet real estate prices would be high but I'll pass on that.
    This oil sand play will last a while, I would guess.. agpilot

6. I have a feeling that the oil sands could be the greatest exercise in deprecation in all history. That is the value of the oil coming out will be worth less than the cost of the inputs over the long run.

7. deblanka

deblanka

CANWEST PETROLEUM CP (CWPC.OB)

There is a very active board on RagingBull on this stock.

8. agpilot

agpilot

----------------------------------------------

Thanks zf trader.. I thought about that too. Big companies can control how much profit they report. It could be a little like some gold mining stocks that have a very high mining cost per ounce.
    The cost of getting oil from sand is very high so I'll also guess the first thing to stop will be the profit. I expect to be in and out but always interested in oil sands for years ahead. The total oil that might be extracted could be 8 times Saudi oil in the many years ahead. That's a lot of money laying there. agpilot

9. Right... and that's why some of the largest companies in the world are pumping billions of dollars each year into new extraction equipment.

Oil could be halved and it would still be profitable @ $35.

10. UTS.TO
    VLO
    PLLL

DDV.TO
    PMT.UN.TO
    WTO.TO
    ATN
    CNQ
    BH
    IMW
    TDG.UN
    GW