»Goldman Sachs Said to Unevenly Distribute Trading Tips: WSJ Link

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by ByLoSellHi, Aug 23, 2009.

1. Tide31

Tide31

After GOOG was up $15 one day this week, it hits the wires that GS has added it to its 'Most Favored' list. This is a list equivalent to the old 'Uncommon Values' list at LEH. A stock on this list is almost guaranteed to do well and be protected to a certain extent.

I don't think the GOOG news was out on wires before this, because even the CNBC commentator said "its odd that GOOG doesn't move for weeks after its earnings, and on a day when its up 4% GS comes out after and adds it to its list."

Hmmm, you don't think anybody knew before the press release came out on this? Reg FD only applies to the rest of Wall St I guess.

2. It's quite obvious that Goldman Sachs has replaced the market manipulators of the gilded age. I came to this conclusion after seeing GS calling for $200+ oil right before it took a dump last summer. Yea it's unfair that they go unpunished due to their clout but this is how the game has always been played. Kind of reaffirms the need to believe in price and only price.

3. Where is Don Bright's comment ? Don, do you receive Goldman's "golden" recommendations ? :)

4. Every thing you need to know is in "Reminiscences of a Stock Operator"

Same shit, different century

5. Damn! I did get that early e-mail!

Those spam filters are way too strict... :)

• jns.png
      File size:
      27.8 KB
      Views:
  6. A total remake of the direct access electronic exchange is warranted....

This means ....

defragmentation
    no internal matching
    no black pools
    first come first served
    nominal name transfer rates....ie 20 cents /100 units
    non-gameable

What is clear in this case is that there would have to be a clear trail of "above average order volume" easily accessible by the SEC....which could be viewed with respect to media announcements....

It is clear that the SEC just looks the other way....

Information should be wiki style format .....accessible to all at the same time.....

In the GS case....this was a matter of coordinated media announcements....

This means that securities media should be monitored/regulated....

GS clients are smart....early news.....first for the best offerings regarding stocks, bonds....

"Real SMART"....

SMARTER THAN ALL THEIR PEERS......

FO....

7. ....................................

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB125108149844652889.html