Afternoon session screener

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by kyamato, Jun 12, 2018.

1. kyamato

kyamato

Hi All,

Trying to get some ideas of how to screen for stocks that people trade for the late afternoon session est? I know how I screen for gaps in the morning looking for day trades but how do you find stocks that "might" run during the late afternoon session?

2. Robert Morse

Robert Morse Sponsor

elitenapper likes this.
  3. Turveyd

Turveyd

Earning used to be after market, so earnings PM and might get a run or sell into, depending on what's leaked or the firms have calculated the result to be.

I used to screen and load the data into my own system, to look for volume increases on the day based on there last X days average, do the same at Mid Day, load the data and see what volume is up, without a move yet, watch then if a direction forms jump on it ??

Have to be able to code mind :)

4. Handle123

Handle123

When I use to day trade stocks, I wait for huge spike in volume one direction or the other, then 30 minutes later a continuation of same direction after the retracement, the volume much lower and always counter trend the move.

beginner66 likes this.
  5. Why stop day trading then?

6. Handle123

Handle123

Margins were lower in futures and after you get good, pile on the size. I can trade $135m futures with 100 lot in ES futures, would you want to control 135m in one stock? I still scalp and day trade, most of it is automation, but post real time ES trades in 2018 ES journal from time to time with other very good scalpers as well.

7. those gappers are usually ones to watch later in the day. other than that i have intraday momo/high of day low of day, moves on volume, vwap bounce and reject scanners and i listen to Benzinga squawk for news catalysts.