advisor need open other account?

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by tzheng, Dec 20, 2020.

1. tzheng

tzheng

Hi IB,

I am a friend and family advisor, I can trade stock, but not futures on one of my client account. On client's "trading permission" page, it says something like "advisor must open F1234567cc account.

What is this "cc" account? How do I go about it? I searched some help files on IB, but still at loss.

Thanks,

2. IB-AN

IB-AN Interactive Brokers

It means that your client has indicated that they'd like the trading permissions for their account to include commodities, however, you do not have that trading permission (presumably because you never requested it). The "c" is a designation for the commodities segment of the client's account. Note that our Universal Account structure maintains a commodities segment that is separate from the securities segment to accommodate the different customer protection and segregation rules that exist in the U.S.

Below is a link with instructions for requesting an upgrade to your permissions. Also note that you may be subject to NFA registration requirements to trade this product on behalf of clients and will be informed of that by our Compliance Department if that's the case:

http://ndcdyn.interactivebrokers.com/lib/cstools/chat?q=faq://pageId=27271500&referrer=copiedLink

3. tzheng

tzheng

Thank you!