Abolish oil futures now

Discussion in 'Commodity Futures' started by ronblack, Aug 1, 2007.

1. Overpriced oil is a good thing. It allows cleaner and ultimately more sustainable energy sources to gain a foothold in the market.

It also discorages idiots from buying SUV's with 9 litre V8s.

Runningbear

#51     Aug 7, 2007
  2. True true....it's funny how they find their way onto here. Thank god people like this end up getting 'swept under the rug'.

I sleep well at night knowing that their screams will ultimately go un-noticed....huff huff.

#52     Aug 7, 2007
  3. Yes, I have contemplated to stop thinking as well, but I decided that there are enough ignorants around already. It sounds like a bliss though, thinking only about your own good about 2 days into the future.

Ursa..

#53     Aug 7, 2007
  4. moo

moo

Ron,

Instead of whining you could have shorted oil and profited handsomely from the stupidity of the oil bulls you are blaming.

Is that too difficult?

#54     Aug 7, 2007
  5. Plus most of those fat bulls can afford to lose their money. It's not like we are shorting people on welfare.

#55     Aug 7, 2007
  6. Of course they don't that's why they haven't responded.

It's just more BS from the Left.

#56     Aug 12, 2007
  7. I don't have time to read the entire thread but a few thoughts...

If you attempt to place additional regulations on oil futures the activity will simply shift to another venue i.e. ICE, OTC voice brokers, etc.

Many of the really LARGE speculators in crude have the capital to trade OTC so you're not going to squeeze them out of the market.

Regarding your comments on equities, USD, etc what's your point? Oil is a global market.

As far as Europe, you're clearly only seeing the trees, check out the forest.

Regarding something needing to be done to curb inflation, dampen the impact to equities, I agree but from a different angle, I would roll out the red carpet for a recession.

Yes, the people that run our country are asleep but that's the way it will be unless the people revolt. Good luck...

#57     Aug 13, 2007
  8. Thanks a lot Ron, I felt my IQ drop 2 points just reading your post.

#58     Dec 16, 2007
  9. jd7419

jd7419

Thank you for me making me lose about 20 points of iq reading your post.

#59     Dec 16, 2007
  10. Just noticed this stupid comment. Could this be the same wasteful USA that had to bail out Europe twice, because they couldn't counter Germany on their own? How long did France hold out against Hitler? How many American ships were lost to Uboats, trying to keep Britain supplied? And the same wasteful USA that had to rebuild Europe because they were such a fouled up mess?

It was the european allies who tried to exact revenge on WW1 germany, that partly caused the animosity and desparation that led to WW2.

During the war in the Pacific, according to Jane's Fighting Ships, it was the wasteful USA that sank over 96% of Japanese shipping. The goold old british sank a couple percent, and I think the Dutch sank 1 or 2.

#60     Dec 16, 2007