AAPL

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by DeltaSpread, Mar 22, 2007.

1. Definitely grab some LEAP puts soon or something. The cool thing is that your position will be 100% hedged with locked in equity, so you could do whatever you wanted to with that money; depending on the margin flexibility of your broker. Or just roll the dice and see how long this Apple run can continue. I think its been running now for the most part, with a few minor pullbacks and one major retracement, for the last 3 years now. It split 2-1 back in Feb 2005, so its basically pulled a double double to this point since like 2004ish.

#21     Mar 26, 2007
  2. There was no material or substance behind the options issue. Same for the HP scandal.

#22     Mar 26, 2007
  3. my problem with this run apple is having is theres no increasing volume...and what volume there is inst even up to its daily average ( about 30m)

Apple tends to drop off sharply when its correcting and not form a nice round top.

Stock_trad3r ... knowing that you are a long term investor makes thing much clearer. It becomes apples and oranges as 'yes' I agree that long term apple is a buy.

But Im short term swing trading. I see apple having a nice drop before it makes new highs ( which I do believe it will ).

Course right now Im down about $1600 on it :)

Unfortunately for me I dont have any more trend lines or points of resistance until it hits 98 again... so maybe it will go all the way back to there before it corrects again.

#23     Mar 26, 2007
  4. well we just hit the last possible bit of resistance at 95.5

If we break through that then definately going to 98

#24     Mar 26, 2007
  5. This should be interesting. Are you going to see this through?? Stops or add to short @ $98 range?

I am running a sell stop on those calls if the bids start to dry up @ .95

#25     Mar 26, 2007
  6. I did my backwards ass hedge strategy :)

Sicne Im not set up for options ( yeah I know..) I went long an equal number of shares as we crossed 95 .

So Im balanced out and once I feel we're going to correct I dump the long positions and it will only take a couple points for me to be in profit.

Yes I know thats very ass backwards...

Luckily I made cash on CMI and BAC today

#26     Mar 26, 2007
  7. hey I was just looking at the daily charts and it gives a high for today as 96.73 ???

My intraday doesnt show anything of the sort..its showing 95.75 as todays high.

Anyne else seeing this ?

#27     Mar 26, 2007
  8. I can see 98 by tomorrow. I'm buying right here and putting my stop @ 95.

#28     Mar 26, 2007
  9. Thats a bad tick. Its at the high right now. I actually tripled my calls, adding more at a $1.00 here. Average cost is .925 & going to let it run tomorrow to see what happens.

#29     Mar 26, 2007
  10. I should also point out in case you'all think Im taking all sorts of risks here that I dont have that much in this...

Just 400 shares so its not that catastrophic.

Also if the market doesnt correct soon Im going to bow out for awhile..all I can see right now are bearish signals so Im not on top of my game.

#30     Mar 26, 2007