A word about redistribution of wealth

Discussion in 'Politics' started by jonbig04, Oct 16, 2008.

1. Still looking around but this is one quick fact for brandon and pabst that I think is relevant, and kind of funny:

"The nation's 6 million retired civil servants — teachers, police, administrators, laborers — received a median benefit of $17,640 in 2005"

"At present, nearly 2 million federal retirees are drawing an average of $12,481 a year--and the figure is $6,000 higher for those who spent full careers in the civil service."

#21     Oct 16, 2008
  2. #22     Oct 16, 2008
  3. Don't get me started here. POSTAL WORKERS! I have a few friends who are retired postal workers and they are in the $90k range for pension benefits. I also have a friend who is in his 36th year at the PO also. I don't know what he'll draw. :)

#23     Oct 16, 2008
  4. You made a statement: "fuck you in advance NO ONE makes a hundo a year in pensions". I provide a link to a story of a retired teacher making 200k a year and I'm the "toad" hunting for exception? Dude your IQ must be 104.

Here's the relevant paragraph in your story:

Among the most recently retired teachers - those aged 55 to 59 - last year's average pension came to $64,007 for men and $56,170 for women. These figures don't necessarily include all the annuity payments that retired teachers can also receive. Nor do they include the value of free health coverage available to the vast majority of all city retirees and their dependents.

Gee, no surprise that workers who retired 20 years ago have relatively small pensions. They MADE DICK. That's not the story today. As teacher salaries skyrocket the pension obligations ALSO skyrocket. Further with people living longer these obligations are stretched out a decade or more longer than a generation ago.

#24     Oct 16, 2008
  5. Holy smokes!!!!

#25     Oct 16, 2008
  6. Maybe you didn't see this :"At present, nearly 2 million federal retirees are drawing an average of $12,481 a year--and the figure is $6,000 higher for those who spent ful careers in the civil service"

#26     Oct 16, 2008
  7. An ex-girlfriend retired and moved back to Detroit a few years ago. She worked in "Rates & Classifications" in D.C. and she was at $140k when she left. She also was third generation post office. Her mother was head of the Detroit system. Her vacation/sick days accrued bank was the bomb. :)

#27     Oct 16, 2008
  8. Duh Jon. Are you too dumb to realize those who retired YEARS AGO made FAR LESS than those retiring TODAY. Hence OLDER retirees have smaller pensions than MODERN retireees....

#28     Oct 16, 2008
  9. "third generation", lol. It's like being a Getty heir.....:)

I used to have these ridiculous conversations with Chicago Republicans.

Dumb Ass White Sububanite: "Pabst, don't you think that blacks will come around to the GOP and embrace free market capitalism and the entrepreneurial spirit?"

Pabst:"Only if they rap or play ball. Privatization talk is a DEATH ISSUE to the guy making a hundo delivering the mail...."

#29     Oct 16, 2008
  10. For the most part you are totally wrong with your figures.......but what the heck, for arguements sake lets go 15% tax for EVERYONE with no special deductions for ANYONE. I am ready any time you are!!!

#30     Oct 16, 2008