A plug for Investors Fast Track

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by Scataphagos, Dec 8, 2018.

1. Years ago when I ran my mutual fund timing service, I entered the prices daily by hand. Then one day I came across FastTrack. It did the daily updates and all file maintenance for <$1/day. That was 20+ years ago, and I'm still using it. (Originally they only did mutual funds. Now they have data on virtually all securities.)

The reason I mention this now is they recently revamped the software with a new version that works slicker and faster than ever before.

While I haven't researched all of the software available in this area, FastTrack does a couple of important things that many others don't.

1. They now include 30 years of daily data. If we're heading into a bear market, this long data base may help identify when the bear is exhausted.

2. You can compare the charts of 6 issues at once.

3. You can "rank performance". That's relative strength (RS). Select a data base (including any of your custom ones), pick a begin and end date... and the software will quickly rank the list from best performance to worst. Very valuable info, especially for ETFs. Most other software doesn't have this feature.

Examples of RS ranking...

You'd like to know, "which issues (ETFs?) declined the most since the top swing date? Which declined the least?" That's where I always look first. Opposite, of course, for "which moved the most/least up off of a possible bottom swing date?". Also, "which ETFs/issues moved the most/least TODAY" for a big pop or drop day?

In case you're wondering, I'm not being compensated. In fact, FastTrack doesn't even know I'm doing this.... just showing a little holiday spirit and contributing to the ET community.

FT4Web

$63+/ mo
    • Best selling and most mature product
    • Charts, ranks, and analyzes Funds, ETFs, Stocks & Indexes
    • Local Database with nightly downloads
    • Integrates with 3rd party investing packages such as AmiBroker, MetaStock, and AIQ and more
    Other packages available. Discount for annual subscription.

Good luck.

https://investorsfasttrack.com/

Last edited: Dec 8, 2018
  2. Overnight

Overnight

But can it core a apple? :)

3. R1234

R1234

+1
    Long time customer here.