A little perspective on Swine Flu

Discussion in 'Politics' started by ARealGannTrader, May 4, 2009.

1. <object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/TB5-Y08qbjo&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/TB5-Y08qbjo&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

2. I read some time ago about the increase in TB. They said it was coming up from Mexico carried by Illegals.

3. Who are 'they' ??

4. I like Ron Paul.Never had a chance of being elected though.Too straight talking,decent and honest,For some reason we prefer to elect dishonest.immoral,hypocrite thieving scum time after time.I suppose by now it's a kind of comfort zone we're all used to_Or maybe the real powers in this world would never allow someone like him to disrupt their gravy train.
    Lots of people now are waking up to the fact that it's 95% safe to ignore the media and assume all politicians are lying.Both groups have an agenda where truth is a real obstacle/inconvenience.Bad news sells and there are no votes to be had in telling the truth.

5. It is endemic to humans that a pretty lie goes so much further than the ugly truth.

Ron Paul, admirably, chooses to be a straight shooter.

I think what is killing him nationally is his ardent support of states rights, and he happens to be from Texas.

Not very hard to put together some presumptions from that combination.

6. It is laudable that he has been able to keep his integrity working among "Sodom and Gommorah" so to speak. If he was able to gain traction, something would probably happen to him anyway.

7. Lots of people now are waking up to the fact that it's 95% safe to ignore the media and assume all politicians are lying.
    -----------------------------

I agree with that. The long term problem though is young adults don't watch the news and the cycle will repeat.