A History Lesson On Your Social Security Card

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Scataphagos, Aug 29, 2012.

1. With the elections just a little over 3 months away you'll soon be hearing some Democrats running for political office, warning how the Republicans want to "take away the old people's Social Security".

Just in case some of you young whippersnappers (& some older ones) didn't know this it's easy to check out, if you don't believe it.

Facts are Facts:

Social Security Cards, issued in 1934 and up until the 1980s expressly stated the number and that card were not to be used for identification purposes. Since nearly everyone in the United States now has a number, it became convenient to use it anyway and the message, and the NOT FOR IDENTIFICATION, was removed.

When Franklin Roosevelt, a Democrat, introduced the Social Security (FICA) Program. He promised:

1.) That participation in the Program would be completely voluntary,

No Longer Voluntary

2.) That the participants would only have to pay 1% of the first $1,400 of their annual Incomes into the Program,

Now 7.65% on the first $90,000

3.) That the money the participants elected to put into the Program would be deductible from their income for tax purposes each year,

No longer tax deductible

4.) That the money the participants put into the independent 'Trust Fund' rather than into the general operating fund, and therefore, would only be used to fund the Social Security Retirement Program, and no other Government program.

Under Johnson, another Democrat, the money was moved to The General Fund and Spent

5.) That the annuity payments to the retirees would never be taxed as income.

Under Clinton & Gore, Democrats, Up to 85% of your Social Security can be Taxed

Since many of us have paid into FICA for years and are now receiving a Social Security check every month -- and then finding that we are getting taxed on 85% of the money we paid to the Federal government to 'put away' for us -- you may be interested in the following:

Q: Which Political Party took Social Security from the independent 'Trust Fund' and put it into the general fund so that Congress could spend it?

A: It was Lyndon Johnson and the Democratically controlled House and Senate.

Q: Which Political Party eliminated the income tax deduction for Social Security (FICA) withholding?

A: The Democrat Party.

Q: Which Political Party started taxing Social Security annuities?

A: The Democrat Party, with Al Gore casting the 'tie-breaking' deciding vote as President of the Senate, while he was Vice President of the USA

Q: Which Political Party decided to start giving annuity payments to immigrants?

A: Jimmy Carter and the Democrat Party.

Immigrants moved into this country, and at age 65, began to receive Social Security payments! The Democrat Party gave these payments to them, even though they never paid a dime into it!

Then, after violating the original contract (FICA), the Democrats turn around and tell you that the Republicans want to take your Social Security away!

If enough people receive this, maybe a seed of awareness will be planted and maybe changes will evolve.

Now, therefore it is deemed that anyone voting for a democrat is an idiot.

2. 4.) That the money the participants put into the independent 'Trust Fund' rather than into the general operating fund, and therefore, would only be used to fund the Social Security Retirement Program, and no other Government program.

Under Johnson, another Democrat, the money was moved to The General Fund and Spent.

This is the sole reason the fund is going broke. Every other thing listed was to be expected and could have been handled easily. Congress has been stealing the money for over four decades.
    This one issue is the most important thing to the average American, yet you never, ever, hear it addressed by the media, be it left or right. Never have I heard a congressman pinned down on why the theft continues. Never have I heard it asked in a debate. All we ever hear if that the fund is going broke. We hear all the bullshit reasons...too many retiring, not enough people paying in. Total bullshit! There is only one reason. The money has been stolen. Period!

3. pspr

pspr

It's the Democraps. Just a few months ago they were saying the size of the national debt doesn't matter. After Europe started having it's obvious problems over national debt they quickly dropped that theme but I'm sure they still believe it.

You may notice the libturds have scrubbed the web of these comments by party leaders but here is my previous thread on some of the statements.

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?threadid=235345

4. Lucrum

Lucrum

So a democrat spent my SS money on the Vietnam war?

5. Unless you're self employed then you pay double, then get this.....

I'm self employed, paid my double for years.... then retired early, guess what, I don't have enough work credits to collect disability (ssd). I am totally royally fucked.

6. Yes! Of course GW was only too happy spending a billion a day for Iraq and Afganistan. Team Obama continues to facilitate the raiding of the fund. Congress has been thrilled with the idea to the tune of 2.7 TRILLION dollars stolen so far, spent on anything and everything they can dream up.
    Of course they have been so kind as to give an I.O.U., backed by the full faith of the U.S. Government. (Excuse me while I puke here). So if you really want to know who's backing social security, it's the Chinese. They cut us off and it's over. Best go eat some fried rice today and keep them happy. Our future depends on it.

7. Tell me why again there has been no revolution? I'm thinking iShits and the like, but 500+ cable channels don't help.