A Day Trader in United Arab Emirates, Dubai.

Discussion in 'Hook Up' started by johnkirstenn, Sep 9, 2022.

1. Hello!

I am an amateur trader in Dubai..

Day Trading can be really lonely, and I think it is very obvious that it can be difficult to find new friends who doesn't have the same interest as you.

I'm 22 years old from the Philippines and I just started to dedicate myself in becoming a profitable trader.. I'm not there yet but I will.

A quick background, I've been pursuing entrepreneurship since I was 16 and I kept failing for some reason..

I tried getting a day job in sales like by selling real estate and working for my mentor in the financial services field.. but for some reason there is something in it that isn't fulfilling so I just decided quit my job and pursued the vision which is to start a business which I believed would help make the world a better place..

However as an immature, things didn't go well and that's how I finally decided to start trading as it fits my character.

Now that I'm doing so, I think many would be able to relate with the feeling of being isolated.. that's why I thought of creating this thread..

It's hard to find genuine people with a deep mission in life, but I'm giving it a shot..

If you are a day trader, and you don't mind making friends to share ideas with.. I would really love to connect..

I'm looking forward in talking to you! :)

Kind Regards
    J.K. Simeon

beginner66 and Leob like this.
  2. easymon1

easymon1

How many hours per day do you have to devote to daytrading?
    Do you prefer morning or afternoon Eastern Time, e.g. New York time?
    https://www.worldtimezone.com/

johnkirstenn likes this.
  3. I'm kind of similar to you...I previously dabbled in entrepreneurship ideas, and once planned on getting my realtor's license and even hotel management...none of those really applied to me.
    I see myself in you....once an angry, young, dumb, confused 22 year old male...in a bathroom stall taking a selfie against the mirror.

If you reasonably, dynamically, neutrally, know the future and can trade it, every day, along with options...you can make a lot of money. Don't buy anything....every new trader is bombarded with solicitation offers for this product, that product or service, etc etc. Don't be fooled and sold. Take the higher road of self-discovery, it won't happen overnight....can take years, or even a decade...but the riches at the end of that long, journey, dark, tunnel will be glorious. God and the Devil can be in the details, understand that...and you will emerge from The Shadows,
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 9, 2022
    johnkirstenn likes this.
  4. I'm pretty much looking at the chart almost 24/5 'cause fx is closed on weekends. I really get obsessive with things that interest me, and maybe its kinda unhealthy; but since I'm considered as a young blood to the environment.. I got have to do something to catch up.

My Timezone is UTC+4 (Dubai), but as an unemployed my timeline is flexible if I'm gonna be intentional to it.

5. I'm not sure if you're being sarcastic or what, but I sincerely appreciate the response and little advice..

Are you a professional options trader?

6. If by "professional" you mean I get paid what I do, or I make money what I do, then yes.
    Being sarcastic and serious at the same time, you should embrace that...and not lose sense of your sense of humor. The world, people, and its operations can be a blend of those two.

What is a dream, fantasy, number...amount of money....you'd like to make from trading in a year or goal? Most people will say...I'd love to make a million, or two. Is that you, do you belong to most people,

7. I don't mind at all.

I'd like to make an amount of money that is enough to turn my visions into a reality.

Money really is nothing but a tool.

8. DevBru

DevBru

It is unhealthy, you also need to give your brain off time and time to relax in order to achieve peak performance.

I would suggest picking a certain market session and stick to it. For example i only trade index futures during the US session. I could very well trade them overnight but most of the action happens in the US session and i find it much more unpredictable during the rest of the day, so i completely avoid it.

In my opinion the US session is the go to since it is one of the most active, however the Asian session might be a better pick for you regarding your timezone and it also has some very active markets.

aja and johnkirstenn like this.
  9. M.W.

M.W.

Best advice you will EVER get, given your background and situation : stop trading immediately, look for a regular job and you will do much better in life.

orbit23 likes this.
  10. M.W.

M.W.

"reasonably, dynamically, neutrally, know the future and can tradeit, every day, along with options...you can make a lot of money."

This statement alone tells me you will never ever be profitable in this industry. Be angry, joke about it, whatever, but I mean it. You are way better off elsewhere...

#10     Sep 9, 2022