A Chinese Brokerage for U.S. Stocks Seeks a Nasdaq Listing

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by ETJ, Feb 25, 2019.

1. ETJ

ETJ

2. d08

d08

Could be the handholding and their mobile platform appears to look a bit more advanced.
    Also, as I'm sure you know consumers are not always rational. Plenty in US use uncompetitive brokers and outside US some use bucket shops registered on some island with no regulation.

zdreg and Nobert like this.
  3. gkishot

gkishot

Their website states that they are 'backed by Interactive Brokers Group Inc'.

4. d08

d08

I think that refers to financial backing, they're not introducing for IB like others around the world.

Founded in June 2014, Tiger Brokers is an online stock brokerage startup backed by Interactive Brokers Group Inc, Xiaomi Inc, ZhenFund and Wall Street investment guru Jim Rogers.

5. Most likely the same reason we have multiple platforms per broker, and many brokers to choose from. Have they released their symbol ?

6. d08

d08

TIGR

viruscore1 likes this.
  7. optaiwan

optaiwan

Tiger was banned from Taiwan's SEC to solicit its business. but i know many people in Taiwan and China open their brokerage accts at IB, which has simplified Chinese web site version. Here in Taiwan, many local brokers offer services to buy US stocks, but the platform and the commission are far from acceptable.

8. Can't find the commission fees on the website. If the fees are not prominent, probably it's not a selling point. I bet IB offers lower fees.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2019
  9. gkishot

gkishot

Why would IB finance its competitor? I see also that Tiger Brokers mentions TWS as one of their platforms.

#10     Feb 26, 2019