A.C.T.I.O.N

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by qlai, Mar 20, 2021.

1. qlai

qlai

roca and Nobert like this.
  2. Millionaire

Millionaire

That book is a blast from the past, read it almost 20 years ago.

A - Always go in the opposite direction you were originally going to. Unless you catch yourself thinking this first. In which case, go in the opposite direction.
    C - Close your winning position as soon as you breakeven to avoid potential losses.
    T - Take your Broker to court for auto liquidating your position right at the low.
    I - am never going to do that ever again - once I get my next tranche of trading capital together.
    O - my God. How the hell did that happen! I only went to make a cup of coffee.
    N - Never enter a trade without being ready to change your timeframe if it goes against you.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2021
  3. ^^^^^^ LOLOL! Yup.

4. RedDuke

RedDuke

Yep, read it over a decade ago as well. I think author was indicted on some charges. Some of the things in the book was since fiction. Like the guy with the dog and clouds.

5. interdim

interdim

6. Millionaire

Millionaire

7. JSOP

JSOP

George from Seinfeld would've been an excellent trader based on this principle. LOL

8. JSOP

JSOP

Who is the author?

9. RedDuke

RedDuke

Richard McCall - according to him black belt of high level turned into trader.

10. qlai

qlai

Lol, yeah it got kind of weird towards the end, but a great book. This acronym got me through some difficult decisions.

#10     Mar 20, 2021