$50k on my side for Options Market Making system

Discussion in 'Options' started by Aquarians, Oct 18, 2017.

1. I'm re-stating my proposal, I've got $50k to spend on the development of an options arbitrage and market making system. Estimated timeline: 2 years (1 year optimistically, 1 year reserve).

It's been said here that I don't know jack squat about either, well, I'm not ignorant about these things either. Another $50k, a co-founder and 1-2 hired devs would definitely make this work.

So if anyone is interested, PM me and we'll talk.

I've got the feeling that 99% of the people here and everywhere think $50,000 is way too little to receive but at the same time way too much to give :p

2. Robert Morse

Robert Morse Sponsor

Options on futures or Options on Equities/Indexes/ETFs?

I think it would be a good idea for you to contact me before you spend any money on a system like this. I have a good understanding of the futures side and a better understanding of the securities side. I know what is out there now and the pitfalls of doing this yourself or even using current systems.

ET180 and JesseJamesFinn1 like this.
  3. Second type, equities / indexes / ETFs.

Another gut feeling I have about $50k is that those who would be interested in the value generated by an investment of this size don't have the money and those who have $50k to invest are not interested in what additional value that investment would generate.

4. Robert Morse

Robert Morse Sponsor

There is a lot your should know before you move forward at all. Any option automated system as customer is very difficult as the rules are against you. Even using a current system like Options City or Actant will not help. To do this as a BD, which would make more sense, requires a lot of capital.

Call me later if you want.

zdreg likes this.
  5. Ok.

lawrence-lugar likes this.
  6. 2rosy

2rosy

worst case 4 people at 50k/yr. That's less than 7/hr. you can get one person to write this in a fraction of the time but having it completed and making money are different

7. truetype

truetype

You're very, very late to that party.

nbbo, JackRab and cvds16 like this.
  8. There's always another party :p

9. lindq

lindq

And always another funeral.

10. zdreg

zdreg

how about a thanks to Mr. Morse.

#10     Oct 18, 2017