24 / 7 trading

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Gimpyron, Mar 24, 2016.

1. Gimpyron

Gimpyron

Hello guys,
    this might be obvious for some of you, do you guys
    know products who trade 24 /7? (or 24/6)
    i was thinking about forex. anything else? i prefer traded in US exchanges.
    second priority goes to products who trade in US, europe and asia so we can cover 24/7 pretty much.
    any ideas?

2. Handle123

Handle123

U.S. Futures have from small to 23 hour periods of trading, some from Sunday night to Friday's close. I don't know of anything that trades 24/6 plus.

3. Gimpyron

Gimpyron

Fair enough, do you have personal experience trading those futures? (i want to include cover selling with options)

4. Handle123

Handle123

I have automation that trades 40 plus markets, and manually trade handful of them. Options, now there is a scam, other than day session, they are litely traded as most people are sleeping, you can expect to pay dearly to get into/out when you need them.

Gimpyron likes this.
  5. Xela

Xela

I think there aren't any, really. There's some weekend trading available, in some places, but with absolutely prohibitive dealing-costs and nobody would choose to trade at the weekend.

24/5 (forex) is as close as you're going to get, realistically - and some futures (CME) are 22/5 or 23/5.

ETcallhome and Gimpyron like this.
  6. spot forex baby. There's only one gap with my broker and that is from 17:00 Fri until 17:15 Sun (other than a 15 min shutdown everyday from 17:00 to 17:15.) That Sunday gap is a real crap shoot. Not for the faint of heart or those who haven't counted the cost properly. Bucket shops will trade on the weekend.

Gimpyron likes this.
  7. botpro

botpro

By using one or more brokers, also foreign ones, one can trade in many exchanges of the world around the clock.
    Many US titles are also listed at foreign exchanges.
    For example through IB one has access also to many foreign exchanges:
    https://www.interactivebrokers.com/en/index.php?f=exchanges

Update:
    Ok, you are looking for products which trade at multiple exchanges.
    Sorry, I have no list at hand.

Gimpyron likes this.
  8. Cryptocurrency trading is open 24/7.

Coincap.io
    Coinbase.com - BTC USD only
    Bitfinex.com -BTC LTC ETH USD
    Poloniex.com -BTC LTC ETH + many others.

9. .
    i 2nd trading Bitcoins

but you have to be very careful of costs - spreads/vig/commissions etc

i'm a longer term holder of Bitcoins myself

marc
    :cool: