2019 PNL Journal

Discussion in 'Journals' started by destriero, Apr 25, 2019.

dest is...

1. greatest trader ever

7 vote(s)
    35.0%
  2. most congenial

9 vote(s)
    45.0%
  3. arsehole

3 vote(s)
    15.0%
  4. jelly of polenta's sim-gains

1 vote(s)
    5.0%
  1. destriero

destriero

I had to put some money to work as I am not going to be trading pro (eponymously) until late in the Summer.

I'll be posting my taxable and what's left in my IRA when I've got significant PNL, good or bad, exceeding $50K.

Feel free to post your real-money/production account runs.

I had a bunch of short gamma going off tomorrow that was essentially pinned to neutral strikes or neutral Px, so I covered today. Not typical but I need to earn the tax hit (IRA liq) and cap-gains for 2019 so the stuff is aggressive.

This account was a hair over $2MM in August of last year.

2019-04-25_1805.png 2019-04-25_1804.png

Last edited: Apr 25, 2019
    coplii and TradeViper like this.
  2. That's a lot to trade on your phone.

d08, Craig66, destriero and 1 other person like this.
  3. Overnight

Overnight

4. destriero

destriero

That was a great series. The destruction of the rez ship was one of the best episodes.

Overnight likes this.
  5. Max E.

Max E.

How do i bet on both.... you being an asshole, AND... a good trader??!? :D

traderob and destriero like this.
  6. srinir

srinir

Do you also hold traditional assets for long term or just trade almost all of your accounts? It is very impressive growth so far.

destriero likes this.
  7. destriero

destriero

Nothing long term.

8. Magic

Magic

Dest, did anything change in the past year with the way you trade? Was it just a near perfect run from August until now that's unlikely to be repeated?

You've been trading for something like 2 decades it seems. Amassing $2MM over that time is still a really good clip but to go from there to over double that in under a year is another level. How long do you think you can keep that up before you're capacity constrained?

I've wanted to shift away from the long traditional assets route, at least in part, to more efficient stuff for a while but haven't figured out how to start bridging the gap.

9. destriero

destriero

That excludes my IRA.

I've bought two single names as investments in the last 20 years, so yeah, no buy and hold.

Magic likes this.
  10. destriero

destriero

I was more selective; macro, micro. Also more aggressive with up to 10% of net liq (SPX equivalent)

Last edited: Apr 26, 2019
    #10     Apr 26, 2019