2010 World Cup - in South Africa

Discussion in 'Politics' started by SouthAmerica, Dec 4, 2009.

1. blah blah blah, excuses excuses. I wish Brazil had a goal for each excuse you come up with. Maybe it could be #4, instead of Uruguay then. It's time for you to come to terms with certain reality. Brazil is a great third world country and will always be. It is reflected in its economy and international status, it's beginning to be reflected in its soccer team too. You'll always be able to beat North Korea 2:1 and you'll always have your feud with another third world country - Argentina. But Brazil is out of the big league for good and 20 years from now the US will be cleaning your clock in soccer. The Europeans already do it routinely in every competition. But of course I admire your Brazilian patriotism..while you're leaving the good life in New Jersey.

#51     Jul 11, 2010
  2. Lucrum

Lucrum

#52     Jul 11, 2010
  3. .

July 12, 2010

SouthAmerica: Reply to A Person

Look at your screen name: “A Person”

Do you know why?

You hide under some obscure screen name because you are embarrassed to identify yourself, the country from where you come from, and much.

You are Pathetic about your soccer comments about Brazil, and everything else.

Here is how much Brazilian soccer has declined:

1) Brazil is the only country in the world that has participated in all World Cup Tournaments since 1930.

2) Brazil has participated in 7 World Cup final games – and Brazil won 5 World Cup titles including 1958 in Sweden, 1962 in Chile, 1970 in Mexico, 1994 in USA, 2002 in Korea/Japan.

3) Brazil also finished in 3rd place a few times.

4) The last FIFA ranking published before the 2010 World Cup, Brazil still were ranked number 1 in the world.

5) After this world cup, Brazil probably will go down to # 3 in the FIFA ranking, but in no time Brazil will go back to be number one – you can bet on that.

PS: There are a bunch of Brazilian coaches teaching people to play soccer around the world, and 5,000 Brazilian soccer players are playing in soccer leagues from around the world. Some of the most expensive soccer players in the world are from Brazil including: Kaka, Robinho, Ronaldinho, Pato, Lucas, Lucio, Diego, Julio Cesar, Felipe Mello, Wagner Love, and many others.

If European teams want to get Ganso or Nilmar then they have to pay up front $ 50 million dollars for each one to Santos plus the amount offered to each player which would be in the range of $ 80 to $ 100 million dollars.

Only a year ago Brazil was the winner of the soccer tournament that they had in South Africa that included most of the top teams that participated in the 2010 World Cup such as Germany, Holland, Spain, Argentina, Italy, USA, and many others. In the final of that tournament Brazil was the winner as usual.

Brazil was the champion of Copa America in 2008 – a tournament that happens every 2 years ago among all the soccer teams of the Americas.

You must be an idiot, or you don’t have a clue about what you are talking about regarding soccer.

Brazilian soccer is being reborn all the time with a new crop of superstars being created over and over again.

I remember some fools like you saying that Brazilian soccer was finished after Brazil lost and was eliminated of the 1966 world cup. People like you predicted that Brazilian soccer was in decline, and Brazil was finished as a soccer superpower – but since that time Brazil has been in 4 world cup finals and won another 3 world titles.

#53     Jul 12, 2010
  4. Lucrum

Lucrum

I would but I lost all of this years gambling money betting on Brazil to win the cup this year.

Because YOU said it was a lock.

:)

#54     Jul 12, 2010
  5. Pekelo

Pekelo

Oh snap, that was brutal, and true....

#55     Jul 12, 2010
  6. jem

jem

that was a a very witty reply by a person.
    But as a spectator I hope Brazil does bring a talented Brazil style team.

These teams seemed to lack great athletes or if they had them they did not have the skill or game plan to feature them.

They were not very exciting.

Except for snieder and one other guy I did not see any consistent skilled outlet passing.

I saw few finishers who could score or pound a free kick on goal.

So many forwards were fast with no talent or slow and had to take kicks from way outside.

The world cup sucked away too much of my time. I wanted to federer vs Nadal talent.

What I got to see was more like the NCAA tennis finals... or the L.A. Galaxy with loud horns and U2.

#56     Jul 12, 2010
  7. .

July 15, 2010

SouthAmerica: In the next 3 years Brazil will be back, and it will reclaim the rank as number 1.

FIFA - Last Updated 14 Jul 2010

Ranking – Team - Pts

1 Spain 1883
    2 Netherlands 1659
    3 Brazil 1536
    4 Germany 1464
    5 Argentina 1289
    6 Uruguay 1152
    7 England 1125
    8 Portugal 1062
    9 Egypt 1053
    10 Chile 988
    11 Italy 982
    12 Greece 975
    13 USA 969
    13 Serbia 969
    15 Croatia 968
    16 Paraguay 961
    17 Russia 956
    18 Switzerland 940
    19 Slovenia 917
    20 Australia 911

Source:
    http://www.fifa.com/worldfootball/r...r=m/fullranking.html#confederation=0&rank=194

#57     Jul 15, 2010
  8. .

July 27, 2010

SouthAmerica: Brazil is introducing its new coach and a new national team that will be the base for the team that will play in the 2014 World Cup in Brazil.

The new coach did not waste time and he called the Santos FC goal scoring machine: Ganso, Andre, Nilmar and Robinho.

Only 4 players who played in South Africa will play for the new team.

The first time this group is playing together it will be on August 10, 2010 against the US national team - and they are going to play at Giants Stadium in New Jersey.

Most of these players are very young, and many of them will be playing for the Brazilian team that will win the 2014 World Cup.

26/07/2010 - 20h00
    Neymar diz que chegará tímido à seleção; Ganso exalta "quarteto santástico"

Folha de SÃO PAULO

A convocação do técnico da seleção brasileira, Mano Menezes, foi muito festejada no Santos. O time cederá quatro atletas para a equipe nacional: Robinho, Neymar, Paulo Henrique Ganso e André.

"É o 'quarteto santástico' que vai representar muito bem a seleção, como vem representando o Santos Futebol Clube. Espero que a gente possa mostrar esse futebol alegre, esse futebol vistoso dentro da seleção", falou Ganso.

Os jogadores foram chamados nesta segunda-feira para participar do amistoso em 10 de agosto da seleção contra os Estados Unidos, em Nova Jersey. Essa será a primeira vez que Neymar, Paulo Henrique Ganso e André atuarão pela equipe principal brasileira.

"É tudo novo. Vou chegar lá meio tímido e vou me soltar aos poucos", disse Neymar, que pode ser negociado pelo Santos com o futebol inglês antes mesmo do jogo da seleção.

"Não depende de mim [mudar de clube]. Sou jogador do Santos e pretendo atuar na seleção como jogador do Santos", afirmou.

O atacante André foi uma das principais surpresas da lista de Mano.

"Estou muito feliz. Ninguém esperava, mas no fundo eu tinha uma esperança. Não tenho nem palavras", disse o atacante, que já foi negociado com o Dínamo de Kiev, da Ucrânia, e deixará o clube da Vila Belmiro após a Copa do Brasil.

Os convocados:

Goleiros

Victor (Grêmio)
    Jefferson (Botafogo)
    Renan (Avaí)

Zagueiros

David Luiz (Benfica-Portugal)
    Henrique (Racing Santander-Espanha)
    Réver (Atlético-MG)
    Thiago Silva (Milan-Itália)

Laterais

Rafael (Manchester United-Inglaterra)
    Marcelo (Real Madrid-Espanha)
    Daniel Alves (Barcelona-Espanha)
    André Santos (Fenerbahce-Turquia)

Volante

Sandro (Inter-RS)
    Hernanes (São Paulo)
    Jucilei (Corinthians)
    Lucas (Liverpool-Inglaterra)
    Ramires (Benfica-Portugal)

Meia

Carlos Eduardo (Hoffenheim-Alemanha)
    Ederson (Lyon-França)
    Ganso (Santos)

Atacantes

Alexandre Pato (Milan-Itália)
    André (Santos)
    Diego Tardelli (Atlético-MG)
    Neymar (Santos)
    Robinho (Santos)

#58     Jul 27, 2010
  9. This just in: nobody gives a shit about your 3rd world shit hole except for the big American and European companies which are raping it for it's resources and giving the 3rd world inhabitants a few pennies for them, while using those resources for the bennefit of the civilized world. And even they don't give a fuck about the soccer team. LOL!!!!!

#59     Jul 27, 2010
  10. .

July 27, 2010

SouthAmerica: For some reason over the years the quality of the people participating on the discussions on the ET forums went down and it is in a race for the bottom.

The intellect level of these guys is nothing to write home about it, and many of the people who were intelligent they no longer participate on the discussions on these forums. There are very few left who still participate on ET discussions, and you know who you are.

I received many emails from various members of these ET forums who told me that my postings was among a handful of people that their postings were worth reading it.

I took some time and went to check some of the postings by this member called “Phenomena” to have a feeling about his intellectual level. After reading a sample of his postings I realized It is not worth wasting my time and getting into a pissing contest with this guy, because it would at best remind me the days long gone when I was a little kid.

Here is a sample of “Phenomena’s” postings on ET forums – his mindset is at best of a silly high school kid.

Here is a few examples of his postings that reflects his intellectual capacity:

Phenomena: 01-23-05 12:16 AM

I TRUGED THRU A MILE OF SNOW TO GET TO OLEARYS LAST NIGHT AND U GUYS WERE NOT THERE!!!! WHATSUP WITH THIS CONSPIRITORIAL BS!!!!??????????

Phenomena: 01-29-05 01:39 AM

U LYING PIECE OF $H!T !!!!! WHAT THE FU*K IS THE DEAL WITH YOU PEOPLE!!!??? IS THIS SOME KIND OF ONGOING SICK JOKE??!!

Phenomena: 05-21-05 05:40 AM

LOL, isnt this guy just spam-tastic, the guy asks for a broker, guy gives him 2, then he realises he hasnt spammed everything on his "to spam" list, and comes back with some chat room advisory svc....

Phenomena: 11-04-05 09:34 PM

hmmm, thx....its just that irvine seems all suburban/family oriented....which isnt really my forte....im more looking for a young adult/maybe even a lil yuppish area as opposed to college or family oriented....

Phenomena: 08-24-05 09:23 PM

i have pictures of naked chicks on my desk...to remind me of how nice boobies look....this applies to fake ones as well as natural ones...

Phenomena: 04-06-10 08:09 PM

Yes jem that's very close to what he said (at least according to the gospels which were authored centuries after his death). Careful, you are starting to sound like a Jew. Jesus Christ as represented in the bible was very much a liberal.

Phenomena: 12-08-05 01:37 AM

actually, i have lived in atlanta, nyc, chicago, LA, and miami....and no atlanta isnt nyc, but its a damn fine city and especially for the money..

Phenomena: 04-11-10 09:16 AM

Pretty funny how this group of inbreeders has now caused genetic tendencies towards cross dressing huh?

Phenomena: 04-24-10 08:53 PM

Most nations are pussies and will just get shafted, rather than revolt. Sweden, while being a lovely place, and socially one of the most free on Earth, is very much a nation full of pussies.

Many cultures altogether lack the liberal ideals underlying the French and American Revolutions, rendering them impotent statist Tories. Sweden does have many cultural treasures, that the rest of the world could, and really should, learn from ( concept of "lagom" would be number 1), but they aren't the passionately liberal types that were behind the French and American Revolutions. ( I can say this with impunity, I am of Swedish ancestry).

Phenomena: 04-21-10 04:51 PM

Some people say you are a lunatic fringe crack pot

Some people say you are a Jew obsessed anti semite crackpot

Some people say you were a waste of an orgasm.

They are probably all correct.

If you want more laughs just check his other postings.

Here is another example of the best that this guy‘s intellect has to offer as an argument when he is participating on a discussion:

Phenomena: blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah

As a matter of fact when he was making the above point, he over used his brainpower.

This guy is not capable of having an intelligent discussion with anybody.

#60     Jul 27, 2010