2010 World Cup - in South Africa

Discussion in 'Politics' started by SouthAmerica, Dec 4, 2009.

1. .

July 2, 2010

SouthAmerica: As I suspected all along: this Brazilian team had a high probability of losing to Holland.

I hope Dunga gets fired ASAP, and Felipao (Felipe Scolari) takes over the Brazilian team as the new coach for the 2014 World Cup in Brazil.

Now that Brazil is out of the World Cup - Germany becomes the favorite to win this tournament.

#31     Jul 2, 2010
  2. TraDaToR

TraDaToR

Don't worry. Once they have come over their "awkward tween stage" they will come back to dance and you won't feel alone in tutu anymore.

#32     Jul 2, 2010

3. I don't worry a bit, but it is amusing at a distance that people regularly get killed elsewhere in the world over the emotions of what is an adolescent girls game here in the US.

Maybe If I was a communist dweeb I'd understand.

#33     Jul 2, 2010
  4. jem

jem

my wife's family is dutch (although she is american because she was born here while her dad was in grad school... I guess that makes her an anchor baby) my two oldest 10 and 8 were going nuts today. My 8 yr old put on black soccer shorts and turned an orange t shirt inside out as he left the house this morning. I thought it was pretty fun. By the way none of these teams look that good.

#34     Jul 2, 2010
  5. Yeah well at that age trick or treating is still pretty acceptable too, so that doesn't sound whacked out to me.

But adults working themselves into a frenzy over a girl's game is bizarre to me.

#35     Jul 2, 2010
  6. Lol Uruguay what a great game huh. Drama X10

#36     Jul 2, 2010
  7. you were wrong then and you will be wrong again

#37     Jul 2, 2010
  8. .

July 3, 2010

SouthAmerica: Right now Brazil has its version of the Walt Disney movie:

“Snow White and the seven dwarfs”
    “Branca de neve e os 7 anoes”

The Brazilian version:

1 Dunga, 11 sonecas e 192 milhões de zangados....

Dunga = Dopey

Soneca = Sleepy

Zangado = Grumpy

Note: Dunga is the name of Dopey in Portuguese. Dunga the coach of the Brazilian team has this nickname because he looks like Dopey.

#38     Jul 3, 2010
  9. ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

they got their arses handed to them and played like a bunch of babies to boot.

#39     Jul 3, 2010
  10. .

July 4, 2010

SouthAmerica: Reply to John Wensink

I never understood why they let Dunga become the coach of the Brazilian team.

The Brazilian team did win a few tournaments in the last 3 years despite having Dunga as the coach of that team.

Right after the game Dunga quit the job as coach of the Brazilian team, and the front runner to replace him is the best coach that we have in Brazil: Felipe Scolari (Felipao).

Brazil is the only team that has already qualified for the 2014 World Cup in Brazil, and with Felipao as the new coach and a complete new team made of young players – Brazil is already the favorite to win the 2014 World Cup.

I already can see the final game of the 2014 World Cup in Maracana Stadium (220,000 people stadium capacity) with most of the people rooting for Brazil. And it does not matter which team Brazil will play in the final game – Brazil will beat anybody in the final game of the 2014 World Cup.

And for 2014 you will see a new group of very talented kids playing for Brazil such as Nilmar, Ganso, Pato, Andre, Robinho will be back, and many new surprises.

And you can bet, the Brazilian team is not going to lose in Brazil as they did in 1950 – this time around they are not going to repeat the same mistake that they made in the final game of the 1950 World Cup.

In 1950 the players of the Brazilian team participated on a party to commemorate the victory the night before the final game – and on game day most of the team had a massive hangover from partying most of the night in the evening of the big game.

Anyway, the team that is playing the best soccer on this tournament is Germany and they deserve to win the 2010 World Cup.

#40     Jul 4, 2010