$14,000 per year field worker buys $720,000 home

Discussion in 'Economics' started by TheDudeofLife, May 4, 2007.

1. No sympathy here. If some moron does something like that, they deserve what happens.

I make about 200k a year. You won't see me buying a 10 million dollar home any time soon. Why?

Because I have a fucking brain.

These people pop up on the news every now and then, and the media always paints them as victims. I'm sick of it.

And this:

Then learn English, moron! If I go to try to get a loan in Brazil, do I get to go in there and complain I don't speak the language?

2. "...Rancho Grande was only trying to help the two families buy the home they wanted"

I feel all warm and fuzzy.

3. Lol.. The photo is priceless. No sympathy here. Lazy bugger hasn't even taken his Xmas decoration down.

Maybe he doesn't know what it says :)

4. Neodude

Neodude

I say send him back into the strawberry fields to work off the debt ;-)

-Neo

5. LET ME TAKE YOU DOWN
    ´CAUSE I´M GOING TO STRAWBERRY FIELDS
    NOTHING IS REAL
    AND NOTHING TO GET HUNG ABOUT
    STRAWBERRY FIELDS FOREVER

LIVING IS EASY WITH EYES CLOSED
    MISUNDERSTANDING ALL YOU SEE
    IT´S GETTING HARD TO BE SOMEONE
    BUT IT ALL WORKS OUT
    IT DOESN´T MATTER MUCH TO ME

LET ME TAKE YOU DOWN
    ´CAUSE I´M GOING TO STRAWBERRY FIELDS

6. Woz2000

Woz2000

Bitchslap the RE/Mortgage broker.
    Kick the buyer (hard) in the arse.
    And feed his lawyer to the lions.

7. The WaMu rep in the story says "as a rule of thumb people shouldnt pay more than 1/3 income for housing"

Thats still way too fucking much. Yah dope.

8. toc

toc

Why catch a city bus when limo is available....oooops! or is it the other way round.

i have seen smarties buying a $100 bike to go around places, skipping the city bus charge also plus getting badly needed exercise. different strokes for different folks.

9. So with 14k income/year, how much house can he afford to buy using the 1/3 income for housing. I'm guessing around a 60k house. 60k in California won't get you a cracker jack box.

#10     May 4, 2007