110 Tomahawk missiles launched against Libyan sites

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by bearice, Mar 20, 2011.

1. Western forces have launched air and missile strikes on Libya as part of a UN-backed plan to establish a no-fly zone and prevent government attacks on civilians. The US said more than 100 cruise missiles were fired at air defence sites.

The Libyan leader, Col Muammar Gaddafi, said the Mediterranean and North Africa had become a war zone. Civilians and military targets in the region would be in danger, he warned

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-12776418

2. Russia's Vladimir Zhirinovsky urges Muslim world to support Gaddafi

Vladimir Zhirinovsky, the colorful and flamboyant leader of Russia's LDPR party, on Saturday called on the Muslim world to unite and support Libyan strongman Muammar Gaddafi.

"LDPR turns to all the people of the Muslim countries and urges them to unite and show solidarity with Muammar Gaddafi. The leadership of these countries should make a joint stand against NATO's military efforts in Libya," a statement by Zhirinovsky said.

"Do not ditch Libya face to face with the juggernaut of the North Atlantic bloc. Do not allow NATO to crush the democracy in Libya, especially with regard to the fact, that this country does not threaten anybody. Do not do the short-sighted oversea politicians' bidding," the LDPR leader said.

http://en.rian.ru/russia/20110319/163096498.html

3. When Russia attacked Afghanistan some 25 years back, USA got involved. Now I think Russia may get involved in Arab War. Bitter sweet revenge Russian-style.

4. lovely, another potential $trillion+ hole.

i figured this guy not that stupid not to see response of nato. If not crazy, he has rabbit or two in his hat.

US cant devaue USD much more as at some point people outside us refuse payment in usd.

so.... second leg down into real recession ? This trend should be good for a yesr or more.

disclaimar
    i am short and looking to load more.

5. "Do not ditch Libya face to face with the juggernaut of the North Atlantic bloc. Do not allow NATO to crush the democracy in Libya, especially with regard to the fact, that this country does not threaten anybody. Do not do the short-sighted oversea politicians' bidding," the LDPR leader said.

Do you think he represents the Russian government view?

Hardly; the ignoramus doesn't know that Libya isn't a democracy. Just more noise.

6. we spent in a few seconds the entire yearly budget for public broadcasting lol:p

7. I think each Tomahawk cruise missile costs $3 million.

8. Thanks bearice. I actually learned something for once from one of your posts. Libya's a democracy. Excellent. Even more amazing (and likely) is that there's a high probability that you actually don't read the articles before you post them.

9. shoulda saved that and fired you over there. No offense, but after seeing how the soviet union handled chernobyl, and how they value a human life (ie. Miners and Liquidators), it's going to take a little more than that to convince me Russia's got a right to say anything.

10. #10     Mar 20, 2011