FORUMS BROKERS SOFTWARE
Home

Forums > Tools of the Trade > Trading Software > VectorVest . . . anyone?

Old Dec 6th, 2006, 11:15 AM   #1
comp652

I've seen VectorVest advertize a lot lately.
Has anyone here tried it?
If so what did/do you think?
Is it worth it?
I'm considering signing up for the five week 9.95- trial.

Thanks

Comp
Old Dec 6th, 2006, 11:25 AM   #2
makloda

You might want to sift through this journal http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showth...hreadid=64553. The author is using VV (amonst others) IIRC. Good luck.
Old Dec 6th, 2006, 11:42 AM   #3
TRADERCJ

I use it as a confirmation tool only. I only subscribe to the Express version. My main complaint is, it will list stocks as Over Valued, Below Average Safety and a Buy. Why would I want to buy a stock with that kind of rating?
Old Dec 12th, 2006, 12:56 PM   #4
julesrulesny

definately try out the 9.95 trial for 5 weeks... but i'm still undecided on getting it for $60 a month.. we may get it for our investment club that i am in...
Old Dec 23rd, 2006, 03:35 PM   #5
rjmgroup

Quote:
Quote from julesrulesny:

definately try out the 9.95 trial for 5 weeks... but i'm still undecided on getting it for $60 a month.. we may get it for our investment club that i am in...
I've been using VectorVest since 2003. The software is truly amazing but most of what I learned about how to properly use VectorVest didn't come from VectorVest. It came from the VectorVest monthly meetings I attend in Stamford, CT. I live in Central NJ and drive two hours each way for the meeting so it had better be worth it.

Judging from your username I'd guess you live in NY. John Hollosy, a volunteer who has been running the MA, CT, and NY VectorVest user groups has a Manhattan monthly meeting too. Does John work for VectorVest? No. Is the meeting free? Yes. Are there any solicitations during the meeting? None (leave your credit cards at home). John is the #1 VectorVest user group leader in the country and my portfolio can prove it.

John and VectorVest are the reason I'm making money.

A recent example is the DEW Timing signal in VectorVest. It's a market timing signal and it said to go long on 8/15/2006 and hasn't given a sell signal as of 12/22/2006. That's quite a run. Even the more conservative Confirmed Up/Down signal gave a long signal on 8/22/2006 and no sell signal yet either. The market timing is one of the best featueres in VectorVest. Does it have the occassional whipsaw? Absolutely, but with proper money management they end up being small losers.
Old Dec 23rd, 2006, 04:34 PM   #6
InvestorTerry

It takes a lot of work to find what works in vectorvest. I use it and there are a lot of searches that are good and some that are not so good. Go to the vectorvest club on yahoo, there is a lot of good stuff their. Download the file confessions of a video store clerk, and read that. Read others posts, it will help you get up to speed faster. Go to Vectorvest university and watch the new video they put up every week that also helps.