FORUMS BROKERS SOFTWARE
Home

Forums > Trading for a Living > Journals > Trader P/L 2005

Old Aug 2nd, 2005, 10:16 AM   #781
40yotrader

Got a decent trade early today in ES.
Attached Images
File Type: gif sofar.gif (3.1 KB, 431 views)

Old Aug 2nd, 2005, 11:39 AM   #782
stockhero

yeah DT, I'm pretty tight on my stops with those, even though i tend to keep em mental due to the often low volume, high volatility nature of em. of course as I'm getting used to em I find too often I'm getting out too early on the gainers. LNCR and CERN were sick picks this morning - I got about a quarter from each but they immediately surged 2 bucks within 5 mins after - i love that crap...good luck today sir i'm done after a bunch of MOO's came through for me --

Old Aug 2nd, 2005, 11:46 AM   #783
le140

i am done for the day
Attached Images
File Type: jpg screenhunter_1.jpg (3.7 KB, 349 views)

Old Aug 2nd, 2005, 12:10 PM   #784
ForrestGump

Quote:
Quote from 40yotrader:

Got a decent trade early today in ES.

Very nicely done.

You entered very early on this trade. May I ask if you are using a new method now? If I recall correctly from reading your original thread, you were adding something like 40% to 70% of the lowest of previous 5 days ATR to the opening price to get your entry signal.
Has there been a change in the market or have you simply found something that you like better?

Thanks.

Old Aug 2nd, 2005, 12:13 PM   #785
Diamondtrim

Ok Folks,

Here is how it goes. Was in my hot tub late last night. Woke up late missed the open completely. Opened everything up an hour after the open. Turned on my TI and started. When I goof off I sometimes do less taking offers and more bidding, thinking I missed the move. That was the case today. Traded in and out of RIMM which was CRAZY. Just got a little lucky. I really think that this is the perfect example of day where TI really pays for itself! I think I am done untill the last hour unless something crazy happens.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg aug 2.jpg (41.2 KB, 379 views)

Old Aug 2nd, 2005, 12:16 PM   #786
Diamondtrim

Quote:
Quote from stockhero:

yeah DT, I'm pretty tight on my stops with those, even though i tend to keep em mental due to the often low volume, high volatility nature of em. of course as I'm getting used to em I find too often I'm getting out too early on the gainers. LNCR and CERN were sick picks this morning - I got about a quarter from each but they immediately surged 2 bucks within 5 mins after - i love that crap...good luck today sir i'm done after a bunch of MOO's came through for me --
You are pointing out an important point. You don't want to trade my method going for quarters. I try shooting for points, big moves. That is why I can get into something with 200-300 shares and scale up if I need to. I think that is the only way to trade RIMM, GOOG, SHLD,etc.

Closed Thread