FORUMS BROKERS SOFTWARE
Home

Forums > Trading for a Living > Journals > Trader P/L 2005

Old Jul 28th, 2005, 06:03 PM   #751
omniscient

Quote:
Quote from Szeven:

+159 today which was awesome. Did 118 and 128 the past 2 days. Need $17 tommorow to graduate and be a full time trader. Good stuff.
Szeven -

that's awesome ... kudos on your progress and success. your consistency has been fantastic.

congrats on your upcoming graduation

take care -

omni

BTW: this next set of links is for all who might be interested in some of DT's TI scans that he has posted:

http://www.trade-ideas.com/SimpleVie...ps+Going+Lower

http://www.trade-ideas.com/SimpleVie...s+Going+Higher

http://www.trade-ideas.com/SimpleVie...ocks&refresh=1

http://www.trade-ideas.com/SimpleVie...g+ready+to+Run

http://www.trade-ideas.com/SimpleVie...=Counter+Moves

http://www.trade-ideas.com/SimpleVie...0%2B&refresh=1

he may have posted others, but these are three he has posted lately on various threads / posts. just wanted to put them in a general location for easy access if desired.

Old Jul 28th, 2005, 06:57 PM   #752
Diamondtrim

Quote:
Quote from youngamerican:

DT i watched your 40 TI settup today and looked great. Also your ready to run settup picked up a couple nice ones such as HC and VRTY. I am relatively new to trading and would appreciate how you time your entrys on the 40 high settup. Do you jump in when you get a signal? It seems that a lot times the chart looks extended. Are u using a set stop on these trades? Thanks for all your help.
Great question! I think in trading this is a key that most successful traders learn to recognize. If you remember taking the SAT's and studying for them there was always the Joe Bloggs answer that people who wrote the test wanted you to fall for. It was basically based on their knowledge of mistakes people make so your bad answer pops right up and you think you got it right. It is the same here with my 40+. By the nature of the beast every chart will look extended, the key is that you are looking for the ones that go to 100 or 300 highs and sell into the momentum. How do I solve this extended look problem?

First I just don't over think it, I get into the things that "look" good and that is from feal. However as I keep trading them more and more repeast so I tend to realize that KBH and TOL tend to run and run a lot so if they show up I trust them more versus something that I have not seen before.

The most important thing is to not fall for the its extended eye trick.

Good Luck
DT

Old Jul 28th, 2005, 07:13 PM   #753
PatrickQ

DT,

thanks for the input on how you approach "seeing extended moves", as today there were lots of them. funny, today i remember saying that alot when filtering through charts, as issues hit the filters, and that lead me to hesitate. and i missed some good moves.

patrick

Old Jul 28th, 2005, 07:52 PM   #754
Trend Fader

Quote:
Quote from Diamondtrim:

Great question! I think in trading this is a key that most successful traders learn to recognize. If you remember taking the SAT's and studying for them there was always the Joe Bloggs answer that people who wrote the test wanted you to fall for. It was basically based on their knowledge of mistakes people make so your bad answer pops right up and you think you got it right. It is the same here with my 40+. By the nature of the beast every chart will look extended, the key is that you are looking for the ones that go to 100 or 300 highs and sell into the momentum. How do I solve this extended look problem?

First I just don't over think it, I get into the things that "look" good and that is from feal. However as I keep trading them more and more repeast so I tend to realize that KBH and TOL tend to run and run a lot so if they show up I trust them more versus something that I have not seen before.

The most important thing is to not fall for the its extended eye trick.

Good Luck
DT

Do you enter on the pullback or on the breakout to new daily highs?

Also, what technique do u use for taking profits and stop losses?

Thanks

Old Jul 28th, 2005, 08:27 PM   #755
Diamondtrim

Quote:
Quote from Trend Fader:

Do you enter on the pullback or on the breakout to new daily highs?

Also, what technique do u use for taking profits and stop losses?

Thanks
What I do mostly as things hit the new highs and like them and I feel the day is strong I

1) Either throw out a bid if the spread is big 10 cents plus or
2) Just take offers if spread is small

For stop losses I try not to lose more than 400 bucks per trade but that does not allways happen

If I think that market is kind of so so I sometime put bids out below the highs at what I think support will be.

My thing is I usually have a bunch of orders out there working and as they get filled or not I adjust. Once I am in about 10-20 things and depending on P/L I just stop and ride the trends. Today was a good example of it cause I gave you all threee pictures as I started (in the red) then got some things to follow through then closed everything out into momentum.

I spread the risk of being wrong by being in a bunch of things so all my eggs are not in one basket.
Hope that helps.
DT

Old Jul 28th, 2005, 08:47 PM   #756
koko2

+1550.00 Today. Hopefully I can close the month out with a big day tommorrow.

Closed Thread