FORUMS BROKERS SOFTWARE
Home

Forums > Trading for a Living > Psychology > Is trading Gambling or not .."What say You" Vote here.

View Poll Results: Is Trading Gambling or not
Gambling 438 34.90%
Not Gambling 817 65.10%
Voters: 1255. You may not vote on this poll

Old Nov 11th, 2010, 12:52 PM   #913
ElectricSavant

wave...

Maybe not...

http://www.tradingpitblog.com/2010/1...ith-local.html

Quote:
Quote from wave:

Then all homeowners are gamblers as well. They fool themselves into thinking it's an investment. A home is a consumption item and you're betting it might rise in price as well.
Old Nov 12th, 2010, 05:48 PM   #914
stockwrangler

Quote:
Quote from FuturesTrader71:

I see more similarities between poker and trading. They both require the same hard work, knowledge and discipline. How much hard work? Well.... that depends on how much you love it.
Quote:
Quote from candletrader:

Trading for me is taking a series of 50:50 shots, taking a 1R loss when wrong and taking a multiple R win at least some of the time when right.
Quote:
Quote from forsalenyc:

it doesn't matter whether it's poker or trading. I'll win money period. I can't imagine well-disciplined traders losing money in poker....
Scrolling down all the way through BT's Trader Questionnaire, it becomes obvious that inherent in their criteria are skill and discipline.
Old Nov 23rd, 2010, 08:41 PM   #915
EminiCoach

Well a professional gambler understands that to be consistently profitable, he needs to understand the odds and play when the odds are in his favor. Trading is the same way.
Old Nov 24th, 2010, 12:50 PM   #916
ElectricSavant

does a gambler know?

Es

Quote:
Quote from EminiCoach:

Well a professional gambler understands that to be consistently profitable, he needs to understand the odds and play when the odds are in his favor. Trading is the same way.
Old Nov 28th, 2010, 10:16 AM   #917
kingfisher3210

I was pissed off with fundamentals and technicals because it seemed nothing worked consistently.

Then one day starting from Oct 1, 2010 i started to maintain a journal of an Asian future market which i trade recording how the price behaved- Where it opened, where it hit high, where low, where it closed.

I started to understand, memorize and revise the journal every day and the neurons and synapses inside my brain have started to get hang of things.

Trading is 100% collective psychology. No single technical indicator can help to make profit consistently until and unless one does not read the collective psychology. Reading the markets correctly is imperative.

I have tracked 41 trading days in journal, revised every trading day hundred of times and i am able to understand why market behaves how it behaves.

I only need price to work on my trades.
Old Nov 28th, 2010, 12:09 PM   #918
ElectricSavant

kingfisher3210,

ahhhh...(after five years and 153 pages of posts with 79856 views).

...this is the question to you kingfisher3210: is Statistical Trading "not gambling"....Did you vote?

This is important.

Es

Quote:
Quote from kingfisher3210:

I was pissed off with fundamentals and technicals because it seemed nothing worked consistently.

Then one day starting from Oct 1, 2010 i started to maintain a journal of an Asian future market which i trade recording how the price behaved- Where it opened, where it hit high, where low, where it closed.

I started to understand, memorize and revise the journal every day and the neurons and synapses inside my brain have started to get hang of things.

Trading is 100% collective psychology. No single technical indicator can help to make profit consistently until and unless one does not read the collective psychology. Reading the markets correctly is imperative.

I have tracked 41 trading days in journal, revised every trading day hundred of times and i am able to understand why market behaves how it behaves.

I only need price to work on my trades.