FORUMS BROKERS SOFTWARE
Home

Forums > Main > Options > Positive and negative vega at the same time strategy (BRIC)

Old Dec 14th, 2013, 12:08 PM   #1
UFBS

Is someone able to come up with an option trading strategy which behaves like a positive and negative vega at the same time and with positive vomma but also downside protection in a case of a volatility drop? (aka You choose your free lunch)

Guys here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3zJBU-DYUYs seems to have done it, though I can't manage to reproduce the trade setup they did.
Anyone can decipher it?

May a positive P/L be with you!!
Old Dec 14th, 2013, 08:03 PM   #2
TskTsk

This has been picked apart previously on here...but the thread was deleted. search Google for "san jose's strategy is not a secret already", it's in Google cache still.

bottom line, it doesn't work. just a scam to sucker people into subscribing.
Old Dec 14th, 2013, 08:20 PM   #3
drownpruf

Hey Morris Puma is back as UFBS. Morris Puma is not his given name, he had it changed. He's done some time in Cali. Stay far away from these idiots at San Jose Options. I am surprised he can spell vomma.

Also, they were trading on ToS PaperMoney but stating they were trading in a production account, until ToS changed the front end.
Old Dec 14th, 2013, 10:23 PM   #4
TskTsk

Man these "tutors" and "teachers" spamming their bullshit pisses me off. Preying off the weak who are new to options / trading and just trying to learn. The "trading tutoring" industry is one of the murkiest out there, I'm not one to scream for regulation but I honestly believe they should be targetted by the SEC and prosecuted for fraud, deception and false advertising.
Old Dec 15th, 2013, 04:23 AM   #5
UFBS

I looked it up in google cache, but the pages which describe the setup are missing.

Of course I don't believe it's a risk-less trade, what I cannot figure is
-how they constructed the position in the video
-how they adjust
-and consequently where the risk is hidden

In that sense it's strange that somebody removed a thread where it was described especially if it doesn't have any merit and can be considered a funny reading about a fake holy grail lol
Old Dec 15th, 2013, 03:20 PM   #6
drownpruf

Quote:
Quote from UFBS:

I looked it up in google cache, but the pages which describe the setup are missing.

Of course I don't believe it's a risk-less trade, what I cannot figure is
-how they constructed the position in the video
-how they adjust
-and consequently where the risk is hidden

In that sense it's strange that somebody removed a thread where it was described especially if it doesn't have any merit and can be considered a funny reading about a fake holy grail lol
Morris Puma and San Jose Options are scammers. San Jose Options was using thinkorswim's PaperMoney to trade in an attempt to pass off the positions as taken in a production account with a >$1MM net liq. All fiction.

If you want any further info on Morris Puma, send me a PM. Obviously, I've never taken one of their courses. I received an email from the guy after the last thread was deleted.

UFBS/Morris, it was deleted because it was spam. I hope that this thread remains so that it can be crawled by google.