FORUMS BROKERS SOFTWARE
Home

Forums > Tools of the Trade > Trading Software > Best Platform for Volume Profile & Volume Delta

Old Oct 11th, 2012, 04:14 PM   #1
Papa Lazarou

Hi all,

I am looking for a recommendation of software for Market / Volume Profiling (including composites), as well as order flow indicators to see the aggressiveness of buyers and so on.

I currently have found 2 from my research.

CQG - Has Market & Volume profile tools, and a 'Trade Flow' tool for order flow.
Market Delta - has the same, their tool being called 'Footprint'.

Are there any other serious chart packages that have in depth Market / Volume Profiling capabilities?

Thanks
Papa.
Old Oct 11th, 2012, 06:52 PM   #2
GoldStandard

Investor RT has the same volume profile and volume delta capabilities as Market Delta, but costs less. Its basically the same platform as market delta without the footprint charts. I believe it is probably the most popular for volume delta, and seems to be the most feature-rich in this area.

Ninjatrader has some indicators that give you what you're looking for, though for historical data, you have to record and save it yourself to get the volume delta information. Google Gomi MP and Gom Delta. There are also some commercial indicators from Rancho Dinero for Ninja that are similar.

Trading Technologies has long offered volume delta indicators, in fact they claim to own a patent on calculating volume delta, though it is a somewhat dubious patent and hasn't been tested in court afaik. They are very pricy but have a reputation for stability and being able to handle fast markets well.

If you're interested in volume profile you'll probably find FutureTrader71's tweets and videos worth checking out.

SierraCharts and Multicharts also have some types of volume delta and volume profile charts.
Old Oct 12th, 2012, 04:33 AM   #3
Papa Lazarou

Thanks Goldstandard. I didn't realise they were one and the same.

I'll take a look. Thank you again for your help and advice.
Old Oct 12th, 2012, 05:55 AM   #4
Papa Lazarou

Hey Gold Standard. Do you know where there is a forum for Investor RT specific questions / discussion?

I.e. if I want guidance on some custom code I am developing, or on what the best settings are for a certain part of the software?

Thanks
Papa.
Old Oct 12th, 2012, 07:53 AM   #5
simsim67

for Interactive Brokers I use VolumeSense:
http://home.cidadevirtual.pt/VolumeSense
Old Oct 12th, 2012, 08:12 AM   #6
Truff

Quote:
Quote from Papa Lazarou:

Hi all,

I am looking for a recommendation of software for Market / Volume Profiling (including composites), as well as order flow indicators to see the aggressiveness of buyers and so on.

I currently have found 2 from my research.

CQG - Has Market & Volume profile tools, and a 'Trade Flow' tool for order flow.
Market Delta - has the same, their tool being called 'Footprint'.

Are there any other serious chart packages that have in depth Market / Volume Profiling capabilities?

Thanks
Papa.
Amibroker has an excellent Volume at price tool