FORUMS BROKERS SOFTWARE
Home

Forums > Currency Trading > Forex Trading > oldtime takes it in the shorts

Old Sep 26th, 2012, 02:31 PM   #1
oldtime

My strategy was so good it seemed like no matter what I did I couldn't lose. 90% is just money management. 10% is reading the market. So to prove just how much was money management I put on (in my paper acccount ) the worst read I could possibly think of in the market.

Sure as shit, it lost money every single day for over two weeks. After a while, I was looking for something to put on in my real account.

I figured, nothing can be this bad, and after losing even more in the paper, I put it on for real. At first it was great, then it just continued on down until I believed, "Man, this really is a bad position!"

Took a few profits, re balanced everything and got out about even and put on what I thought was a good read. Went to sleep for two hours and woke up losing everything I made yesterday, and the damn bad position in the paper (and if I had kept it on in the real) would have pushed me to a new account high.

at anyrate, I have a good position on now that I am comfortable with. But after that paper account took out yesterdays high, I just took the old mans advice and walked across the street and bought a bottle of that good old Kentucky Whiskey.

And that is why I am posting today, at less than where I was yesterday.

too much info?

oh well, you only have to read it once

well there, that's the .01%, now it's time to get back to posting 99.99% bullshit.
Old Sep 26th, 2012, 04:02 PM   #2
abattia

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBux4AlGQzM
Old Sep 26th, 2012, 05:56 PM   #3
KingJedi

Ouch.. thats rough.. I dont like holding very long myself less its ment to be an over all outlook play that also gains interest like the audusd going up over a period of weeks

I was up till midnight last night est waiting on the asian breakout to get on the train.. got tired of waiting so threw in a short with a 10pip trail.. 2min after i went to bed it dropped like a rock
Old Sep 26th, 2012, 06:57 PM   #4
oldtime

Quote:
Quote from abattia:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBux4AlGQzM
no kidding, I have found that if you are suffering from depression, rolling is a heck of a lot better than drinking, but I'm not done with this trade yet, but you can be damnsure if I ever get out alive and get flat I will be rollin
Old Sep 26th, 2012, 06:59 PM   #5
oldtime

Quote:
Quote from KingJedi:

Ouch.. thats rough.. I dont like holding very long myself less its ment to be an over all outlook play that also gains interest like the audusd going up over a period of weeks

I was up till midnight last night est waiting on the asian breakout to get on the train.. got tired of waiting so threw in a short with a 10pip trail.. 2min after i went to bed it dropped like a rock
I'm short AUD/USD, so in a few minutes I get to pay for the whole weekend experience.
Old Sep 27th, 2012, 07:05 PM   #6
oldtime

so what I put on

short aud.usd
short eur.gbp
long eur.usd
long gbp.usd

supposedly that makes me long eur.aud and long gbp.aud

but I have added to so many winners and losers I'm not sure what I am

the only pair still in it's pristine original starting position is short eur.gbp, it hasn't gone anywhere

lot of work just to break even

I was even before I even started this fiasco

It's like betting on a horse race where every jockey is on the take to take a dive

only the most skilled jockey will lose