FORUMS BROKERS SOFTWARE
Home
 
    Forums > Tools of the Trade > Trading Software > How could I control the ninjatrader charts in the way I could on original IB Chart?


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old Sep 20th, 2012, 03:35 PM   #1
shewenhao
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 34
Dear Traders,

I am currently using the Interactive Brokers original charts now and try to have a look on the ninjatrader charts.

Since I am a daytrader, I like the setting from IB charts in "1 day/ 1min bar". As you can see in the picture 1, the IB just shows the candlestick today and automatically restricted the time scale from 9:30 to 4:00pm. I think it is quite reasonable default setting since I do not like the chart scrolling while new quotes coming out. This kind of set up gives me a kind of whole day view.

However, in ninjatrader, I could not have similar set up. I know that I could use Ctrl + up and down to kind of control the range of the charts. But I never could restrict the time axis from 9:30 to 4:00pm. Any one could help me on this? Thanks lot.
Attached Images
File Type: png 1.png (34.3 KB, 137 views)
    Quote
Old Sep 20th, 2012, 03:35 PM   #2
shewenhao
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 34
The 1.png is about ib chart and this 2.png is about ninja problem.
Attached Images
File Type: png 2.png (21.9 KB, 111 views)
    Quote
Old Sep 20th, 2012, 04:05 PM   #3
chisel
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 596
I use Ninja, but don't trade equities with it. Try this: select chart, then CTRL+F. Under "session template" select "US Equities RTH."
    Quote
Old Sep 21st, 2012, 12:13 AM   #4
shewenhao
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 34
Quote:
Quote from chisel:

I use Ninja, but don't trade equities with it. Try this: select chart, then CTRL+F. Under "session template" select "US Equities RTH."
Thank you for your reply, chisel.

I tried the us equities RTH and ETH, both of them look not good. I just wonder where does the positive comments about ninja charts come from?....

Any recommendation for charts for IB? I like the chart to be moved freely without software border like ninja and ib because I have multi screens to arrange charts. Something like amibrokers does not fit since it restricts all graph within its software
    Quote
Old Sep 21st, 2012, 07:34 AM   #5
chisel
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 596
Quote:
Quote from shewenhao:

Thank you for your reply, chisel.

I tried the us equities RTH and ETH, both of them look not good. I just wonder where does the positive comments about ninja charts come from?....

Any recommendation for charts for IB? I like the chart to be moved freely without software border like ninja and ib because I have multi screens to arrange charts. Something like amibrokers does not fit since it restricts all graph within its software
Did you ask Ninja support about your problem? They are very responsive.
I'm not sure what you mean by "software border" because I use Ninja with multiple monitors with no problems. I have Sierra Chart with IB as the data feed on a multiple monitor system and like SC very much...SC has excellent support. www.sierrachart.com
    Quote
Old Sep 22nd, 2012, 01:26 PM   #6
shewenhao
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 34
Quote:
Quote from chisel:

Did you ask Ninja support about your problem? They are very responsive.
I'm not sure what you mean by "software border" because I use Ninja with multiple monitors with no problems. I have Sierra Chart with IB as the data feed on a multiple monitor system and like SC very much...SC has excellent support. www.sierrachart.com
Thank you very much for your reply and I will try sc~~~
    Quote
 
Reply
Thread Tools

Forum Jump



   Conduct Rules   Privacy Policy   Sitemap Copyright © 2014, Elite Trader. All rights reserved.   

WHILE YOU'RE HERE, TAKE A MINUTE TO VISIT SOME OF OUR SPONSORS:
Advantage Futures
Futures Trading & Clearing
AMP Global Clearing
Futures and FX Trading
Collective2
Automated Trading Services
CTS
Futures Trading Software
dom993trading.com
NinjaTrader Consulting
eSignal
Trading Software Provider
FXCM
Forex Trading Services
Global Futures
Futures, Options & FX Trading
Interactive Brokers
Pro Gateway to World Markets
JC Trading Group
Direct Access Trading
MB Trading
Direct Access Trading
NinjaTrader
Trading Software Provider
optionshouse
Option Trading & Education
Rithmic
Futures Trade Execution Platform
SpeedTrader
Direct Access Trading
SpreadProfessor
Spread Trading Instruction
thenut-trader.com
FX, Gold, & Stock Signals
TradersStudio
System Building & Backtesting
Tradier
Equity and Options Trading
Trading Technologies
Trading Software Provider