Registered: Aug 2003
09-12-12 01:48 AM
I am so sick and tired of the government quoting Core CPI rates being so low, and excluding anything and everything that is contributing to this rise. I live in NY, USA, and estimate that I've seen inflation increase overall by 7-8 %, year-over-year. Here are some examples of what I've experienced first-hand, with diligent record keeping:
- Gasoline Increase of 16%
- Home Heating Oil Increase of 15%
- Food price increase of 12%
- Health Care Insurance increase of 17%
- College Tuition Increase (Public University) of 5%
- Electric Increase of 12%
- Local School Tax Increase of 2.8%
- Cable TV - increase of 6%
- My youngest daughter's dance tuition (discretionary) - 6%
Yes, a lot of this is directly related to the price of oil, but to exclude that from computation, and state that we are still living in low inflationary times is just plain 'ol distortion of the truth.
Is it me, or is it the government, media, and Wall Street just pulling the wool over eyes to deliberately keep interest rates low in this precarious economy of ours?