Registered: Nov 2004
08-19-12 09:03 PM
Quote from buzzie77:
They don't make ends meat. I was a recent risk manager, not going to say where, let's just say the intraday trading game is over. The 1% stars will always adapt and make money, the other 99% don't have a chance anymore. Get a real job or get real about trading, don't half ass it.
The intra day trading game is over? I guess i didn't get that memo. And if you don't think trading successfully is a real job, then that is why... Well, nevermind.
There is always something moving, people. If you concentrate on what has volume, it is much easier to read what the other guy might be thinking.
But more to the point of the thread, i have bartended, i have helped out on neighboring farms on the weekends,and even had a night shift factory job years ago. And when you finally get to the point where you realize you are on your way, it is still a grind.
I agree that most new guys don't make ends meet without outside help. If you are successful right off the bat, then you are one of the proud few. But you need experience to make it happen consistently. Nothing beats experience.