FORUMS BROKERS SOFTWARE
Home

Forums > Community Lounge > Politics & Religion > knives kill

Old Aug 2nd, 2012, 01:27 PM   #19
Ricter

Quote:
Quote from RCG Trader:

I think it is the concealed thingy.

A skilled user of a butterfly can have you gutted before you realize the individual had a blade.

I think that was the concern.
Their opinion is nonsense. I am a skilled user of butterfly knives, and even the simplest opening, the single flip, is slower (but not by much) then drawing a fixed blade. The "extra deadliness" of the butterfly knife is a creation of Hollywood, imo.
Old Aug 2nd, 2012, 01:29 PM   #20
Crispy

Quote:
Quote from Ricter:

Their opinion is nonsense. I am a skilled user of butterfly knives, and even the simplest opening, the single flip, is slower (but not by much) then drawing a fixed blade. The "extra deadliness" of the butterfly knife is a creation of Hollywood, imo.
Yup.

The time it takes to withdraw the knife and open it is slower due to the extra step. A normal sheathed knife is much faster.

The bureaucrat who came up with the ban should have their brain put in a jar and filled with formaldehyde for posterity. As a lesson to future generations to use the brain you were born with.
Old Aug 2nd, 2012, 01:31 PM   #21
Lucrum

Quote:
Quote from BSAM:

How 'bout swift and severe punishment for those who commit crimes with knives or guns?
My guess is that would be a great deterrent for knife and gun crimes.
Liberals don't support swift or sever punishment.

You got a plan B?
Old Aug 2nd, 2012, 01:34 PM   #22
BSAM

Brother Crispy, I realize you started this thread as sarcasm due to all the recent talk of gun control because of the recent Colorado tragedy.
But, what do you believe can be implemented to reduce the likelihood of such similar incidents in the future?
Old Aug 2nd, 2012, 01:34 PM   #23
Ricter

Quote:
Quote from Crispy:

Yup.

The time it takes to withdraw the knife and open it is slower due to the extra step. A normal sheathed knife is much faster.

The bureaucrat who came up with the ban should have their brain put in a jar and filled with formaldehyde for posterity. As a lesson to future generations to use the brain you were born with.
I will admit RCG's point on concealability, though a box cutter is even more concealable (of course you sacrifice reach with those), but in Canada it is not illegal to conceal a fixed blade knife.
Old Aug 2nd, 2012, 01:36 PM   #24
RCG Trader

Quote:
Quote from Ricter:

Perhaps, after I cut myself a couple of times with a butterfly I let that go.

But a prosecutor would still ask, why would you need to be skilled with such an esoteric weapon as a butterfly?